Sign in to follow this  

Flight Planning

Guest N73GX

I was wondering about some information that is out there. Is there a program out there that will alow a user to make a flight plan and export it to the GPS for MSFS02. Then alow and import of that plan to FSnav. or able to to eport to FSnav completly. with out having to start up MSFS then go into FSnav and make the plan in there? Thanks for any information you can give thanksThanks

FSBUILD does all of that an much more.It takes some time to get used to it, but once you know your way around it it's a great tool I would not want to miss.There is a new version (which will be shareware I think) in the works, when that's going to be released nop idea.

Guest united777

Yep FSbuild is good, with the new version comming out, it will create a flight plan according to the dowloaded wx. I may be wrong, but I am quite sure it will. :-lol"... AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"[b/]

I highly recommend the Nav 3.1 beta which cures some issues with 3.0. I've been using it with Radar Contact. I do not use auto-route but do my own based on a low altitude IFR route US map collection from www.desktopwings.com. For VFR/IFR you can get the long range planning chart from there also.A lot of these planning program databases can be updated from http://www.navdata.at/by downloading in the flight planner format of your choice the necessary data files.Depending on what aircraft, conditions, and altitudes you use, the correct maps are essential. I like hardcopy and I've built a collection of current WAC charts for my areas of interest.For GPS ideas, go to the Reality-XP and other similar sites for ideas.

I agree with the above postings that FSBuild is one of the best once you understand how to use it. However, I also use Nav 3.1 to fine tune my plans after FSBuild writes them to the MyFlts folder. Nav 3.1 has a fine graphics engine for viewing the plan and if needed, making changes.So I let FSBuild do the majority of the work and then I use Nav 3.1 to fill in some of the missing fixes on DPs and STARs.Used together, these programs are a powerful freeware solution.Bruce

Guest Gringo

Not withstanding that it is payware, the best of them all is FSNavigator.You can purchase it from http://www.fsnavigator.comE. CardenasSVMI=============================================================It is better to be vaguely right than prescisely wrong.

Guest ha5mvo

err.. correct me if I'm wrong, nav 3 reads its data from the BGL files (VORs, routs etc.). Is there a program available which can:1)read data outside BGL (e.g. files available @ navdata.at)2) have a graphical interface3) run outside FS4) CURRENTLY AVAILABLEI'm using SFP, and find it quite useful, its major drawback though is that the navaids I get are those found in FS bgl files. Ever too often these don't correspond with current data for FMC's (767PIC, DF737, PSS Airbus and the likes).I know that the upcoming FSbuild 2.0 is supposed to do all that but I was just wondering if I'v been missing out on something all this time.Thanks //Mike

I find FS Build works best in this application, except itdoesn't know parking and you have to hand edit the .plnfile. Best would be if FSNav could work stand alone.scott s..

>it will create a flight plan according to the dowloaded wx. I may >be wrong, but I am quite sure it will.2.0 will not create a flight plan according to downloaded weather. It will calculate the aircraft performance and trip fuel burn based on the downloaded winds aloft forecasts (from FsMeteo, or ActiveSkywxRe).Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

oops... your about nav 3.1 not reading the airac updates. I was thinking when I imported it into Radar Contact.There was one other product no longer on the exported format list of the navdata site that was freeware, but I can recall it at the present time. It might have been super flight planner or something like that which I removed from my system.

Guest ha5mvo

yes, Super Flight Planner (SFP) is that other freeware, it is virtualy the same as Nav 3. At the time it came especially useful as it could generate "advantures" for FS98 and FS2K, yet it has the same drawbacks,namely,it is limited to the Navaid database contained in FS bgl files.

This is not really a program but if you fly online here's something that's easy and saves time in most cases: Especially in the US, if you are flying at a busy ARTCC sector, go to their website. They are accessable through the VATSIM main page. A lot of them have pre-designed flight plans that can be downloaded to PSS, FSNAV, SB, FS2002, ETC. NY ARTCC even has an interactive oceanic planner. Also, because these routes come directly from ATC, they will almost always get you "cleared as filed" from the controller. Saves you having to take down amendments to the flight plan. Admittedly this is quite limited in it's use but for online flying that's my first stop. Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg