Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

FFX Hoorah! another query

Hello AllThanks to all who helped me solve the greyed out pilots problem.Guess what folks ANOTHER problem....The passenger cabin lights are linked to the landing lights(why do they do that)that means above ten thousand feet i turn of the landing lights and off go the cabin lights aggh!On a flight over europe the other day i was blacked out as though i was still expecting German me 109 night fighter attack.Can some kind person tell me if there is yet ANOTHER texture that i can download to give me cabin lights above ten thousand feet.I am talking FFX of course.Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest LeeWang

I'm going on memory here :) , you might be missing the alpha channel in 73xFUSE_L.BMP texture? (Replace the x with the correct model, 3 for 300 model, 7 for the 400 model, and 5 for the 500 model).Anyways, open up the 73xFUSE_L.bmp with DXTBmp software found here:http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htmIt should look like this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183810.jpgLee

>I'm going on memory here :) , you might be missing the alpha>channel in 73xFUSE_L.BMP texture? (Replace the x with the>correct model, 3 for 300 model, 7 for the 400 model, and 5 for>the 500 model).>>Anyways, open up the 73xFUSE_L.bmp with DXTBmp software found>here:>>http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm>>It should look like this:>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/183810.jpg>>Lee>Thank you very much LeeI will try your suggestions and that program looks as though it could be very useful to.PS i have got PROPER pilots now in all my FFX models.Thanks againAndy

Hello LeeI have only had a few moments to fiddle with the editor program,but this is what i have found so far......I have a KLM 737/300 plus two downloaded textures.The original KLM displays the Alpha Channel as you described(and this KLM model DOES allow cabin lights that are not dependant on the landing lights so is fine)but one of the extra textures British Airways is the only one i have looked at so far does not seem to have the Alpha channel.When i try to use the British aws version it IS dependant on the landing lights and when i turn them of above ten thousand feet the cabin lights go of to.Thats as far as i have got so far.If i move the KLM FUSE thingy into the BA texture and replace its FUSE thingy with that one will that work?I hope this is not to vague.cheers Andy

Guest LeeWang

Yeap, just move that texture with the alpha channel into the folders of aircraft, that have the pax lighting problem. You need that alpha (white with black windows) for the lights to work proper.Just make sure you use the proper texture, for the correct model.Or if you feel like doing work, you can open up the "good" texture containing the alpha channel using DXTbmp, and export the alpha channel. Then open up the texture that is missing the alpha, and import the alpha channel that you just exported. Then you have to save the new texture as DXT3 with alpha. Lee