Sign in to follow this  
Guest rutvij_gt90

Wrong Co-Ordinates in AFCAD. How to Fix???

Guest rutvij_gt90

Hi gang,I am Rutvij from India. I am presently working on AFCAD 221 Software in building an Airport from Scratch. I was almost half-way through, till I realised that I had put in the Wrong Co-Ordinates. Instead of an E (for East), I put-in a W (for West) in the Airport Reference Point Window, while Creating the New Airport file in AFCAD. Hence, instead of India, the Airport is appearing somewhere near the South American Coast(i.e in the Western Hemisphere). The Big Problem is, when I try to drag the entire Airport (which I have to do, since, I am almost 60% done), the Airport Drawings (like the Links, Taxiways, Parking Slots, etc except the Runway) become inclined at my desired Location. Changing the Co-Ordinates of the Airport I built, was of no use as only the Airport Reference Point got relocated to the New Location I desired. Rest of the Airport still remained at the South-American Coast. I haven't installed any Scenery Buildings yet. So, Any Remedy to this???? I have attached 2 pics. The first one is the Airport as it appears at the South American Coast (The Original, but Wrong Location, in the Western Hemisphere). the 2nd is of how the dragged elements get automatically inclined at the New location in the Eastern Hemisphere (my Desired Location). The Airport.zip files contains these two images.RegardsRutvij

Guest LeeWang

You'll have to decompile your AFCAD.bgl, and change all the co-ordinates, then recompile it with Microsoft BGLCOMP (from FS2004 SDK)Sounds easy on paper, but sometimes it don't work. :)A few programs to decompile found here: bgl2xml_gui_092.zipbglx180.zipAs a side note, after you get things fixed, you can add taxiway signs with this program: creatsign.zip.Creatsign, also comes with the BGLCOMP program to recompile.Good LuckLee

It seems like this might be a problem in AFCAD? I would assume that as long as the latitude is unchanged, it should be possible to change longitude by any amount and still have all the airport elements draw properly.One possibility might be to try to load the AFCAD-created file in SceneGenX. I've found that sometimes this works, and sometimes it crashes. An alternative is to use the above mentioned tools to create an XML file, which SGX is pretty good at reading.Something else I've resorted to, is to load the AFCAD bgl into an FSX editor such as ADE Home or FSX_Planner. You can save it to XML and then you have to strip out the FSX-unique parts which is a bit of a pain, but is doable. scott s..

Hi,It might be due to differing magnetic variations between the two areas - AFCAD works mostly with true headings, not magnetic.I have also seen this problem, even moving airports much shorter distances. I'm not sure AFCAD can handle this. The decompiling sounds like a better choice, unless the differing magnetic deviations still cause problems.--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___