Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fsimmer

Help with Scenery issues

Guest Fsimmer

I have used FS9 for years with more and more addons like MegaScenery, etc but lately it is taking FOREVER to load up the game (like 15 minutes) and when it comes up the FR are normal but as I fly from one destination to another (say LAX to SFO ) the scenery just turns blurry(worse than the default scnerey) and I cant get the scenery to even appear--I have adjusted settings per this Forum and used nHancer for my 8800GT video card and no luck. I have started to take off all the add on scenery but not seeing any improvement..It is interestin that the calculating of the IFR flight plan takes forever now and the Map screen is having a very hard time loading up....Any advice would be appreciated Cheers

Guest RonB49

Have you allowed FS to build a new config file? I don't know why but this often fixes these kinds of problems when they happen to me. I always save the old config file so I can copy my settings from the old file to the new one and I've examined the old file at length but I usually detect nothing wrong. But a new file sometimesfixes things none the less. Try it, just keep the old one in case you want to revert or retrieve your settings.R-

Guest Fsimmer

Thanks its worth a try==How do you generate a new config file??

C/document and settings/user name/application data/Microsoft/fs9 Cut the fs9 cfg. and paste it outside the fs9 folder. Start fs9 and it will build a new cfg.Russell.

Guest Fsimmer

Thanks for the reply--is it the scenery.cfg file? as I noticed I have three scenery.cfg files: Old Scenery, Scenery, Scenery-cfg pre MT2006---is this a problem??? And is it possibly THE problem??? If not is it normal to have three scenery .cfg files--(It looks like inside the Scenery.cfg and the Scenery.cfg pre MT2006 is just a continuation of the scenery addons ......THanks again for your help

No..it's the fs9 cfg.file that you need to rebuild. Whether it's correct to have so many Scenery cfg.files...I don't know, but, I have one with the fs9 cfg, on C drive, and one in my fs9 folder on D drive, together with Old scenery and three "before" scenery cfg's. and it runs without any problems.Russell.

Guest Fsimmer

Russel is it the "Config" folder in FS9 I dont see a file like the scenery files that says "FS9"specifically.....Thanks

No..It's not in the flight sim folder at all. The usual path is...C drive/documents and settings/user(usually your name)/application data. In there you should find a Microsoft folder. Click that open and you will see a fs9 folder. The fs9 cfg.file should be in there.Russell.

Make sure you have the show hidden files/folders turned on.