Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Saitek Reverse Thrust???

For those of you who have the wonderful Saitek Yoke System. How in heck does one map the reverse function of the throttles to work in FS9? It seems that the reverse functions acts as buttons and NOT part of the throttle axis?Any help would be greatly appreciated!ThanksMike T.

If you have the registered version of FSUPIC, calibrate the throttles so idle is truly idle then assign the buttons to the F2 key.Jim Harnes

If you have an FSUIPC registered version, I believe you can map out a section of your throttle that acts as the reverse detent.

Thanks for the response:As silly as it is, after the detent on the throttle quadrant, the throttles become mapped as buttons and neither FS or FSUIPC recognize the throttle movement after the detent as part of the throttle axis. If you look at how it is mapped in the calibration tool, movement of the throttles to the rear of the detent show up as botton 22,23,24 respectively....the only think that I don't like about this.Otherwise a VERY nice product.Thanks,Mike T.

Guest JTEK99

Mike is right, but there's a very workable solution if, again, you have a registered version of FSUIPC.The reverse detente on the throttle is beyond the lever's maximum range (the lever's IDLE is at -16384 in FSUIPC's assignment numbers). And, as Mike mentioned, moving the lever down to the bottom of the throttle's detente area will activate a button press.This is how I use that to effect in FSUIPC. This assumes you already have any of the levers assigned in FSUIPC as a throttle.Under the 'Buttons and Switches' tab, activate the "button" on any one of the levers you have assigned for throttle thrust (for example, the Engine Number 1 lever which is the left-hand one my case) by pushing the lever all the way down. Depending on the throttle unit (i.e., the throttle quadrant you can purchase separately has different button numbers), you will see FSUIPC register it as a button press... like #22. In the same 'Buttons and Switches' tab of FSUIPC, click "Select for FS Control". Then, from the drop-down box, select the control assignment you want. If you want ALL the reversers to engage, choose "Throttle Set". If it's for a single engine, like Engine Number 1, select "Throttle 1 Set" (or "Throttle 2 Set" for Engine #2 and so on). THEN, most importantly, set the parameter to -16384 (yes, that's a little minus/negative sign before the number). That parameter represents the absolute IDLE position in FSUIPC's axis assignment/calibration. Now, when you've landed, just pull the throttle lever(s) down to the bottom and reversers will activate. To deactivate, just pull them back to the throttle's actual idle detente. Just like the real thing. Hope this helps.

Hi, I just mapped the detent/button to the F2 key (decrease throttle quickly) using the saitek software. Did all 4 levers for a heavy jet, not sure if thats necessary but it works. :)Larry

That's all I did mapped the button at the bottom of the throttle range to the F2 key settings.But I did have to move the slider on the assignment screen to maximize the repeat action.

I'm with Dan on this. I have registered FSUIPC. I set up my Axis and calibrated them where IDLE is not all the way at the end.I calibrated to the top of the red lines as IDLE. When I pull the throttles all of the way back, thru IDLE, my reversers engage. I did not have to program any buttons.My Calibrations:REVERSE IDLE MAX-16384 -13653 16383 -10532I hope this helps.Jim

Does this mean reversers cant be assigned without registered fsuipc?

Yes you can assign reversers without fsuipc

I have had the best luck using the SST program, but can also assign within FS under button assignments, you go to "decrease throttle quickly" F1 and assign the reverse indent on your TQ.... The trouble I ran into with using the FS assignment is that it will sometimes go into reverse when at idle which is very annoying, but using the Saitek software seems to fix the problem

I assigned the thrust reverse function of my Saitek yoke system TQ (works as button) to "decrease throttle slowly" (F2) from within the FS2004 menue and set repeat rate to low (slider in the middle). This works perfectly without any faults. I did the same for the prop lever to have prop reverse. I don't use the Saitek software.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg