Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk

FS quits while loading a flight

The flight loading stops at 68% (adjusting scenery objects) leaving an error message with error signature terrain.dll.The current module has been replaced. FS9.cfg and Scenery.cfg has been rebuilt.Recent installations has been removed in a proper way (Ultimate Terrain Canda/Alaska and My Traffic 2006).But still FS quits while attempting to load a default flight (Cessna 172 at Seattle).Any idea where to start looking for the reason?......:-zhelp (I have FS 9.1 installed)

Hi,Go to the Scenery Library and deactivate all addon scenery layers, including Addon Scenery. Then click OK and quit FS. After restarting FS, try to load from the Create a Flight choice (do not load an existing Flight).If it loads OK, then start adding back your addon scenery layers until you find the culprit.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Thanks a lot Tom! :-) The problem is solved, and there is no need for reinstall (puuuuh)It was none of the sceneries. The ocean bump file had (by accident) been altered. Replacing it with a backup file made FS run again. And I am happy as it was very close to a reinstall:-erks