Sign in to follow this  
Guest revporl70

Which Scenery Set isn't working right?

Guest revporl70

I've recently re-installed FS9 on my new PC. I have Ground Environment and FS Terrain installed, as I did without any problems on my old PC. Now, at startup I get an error message that says Scenery .cfg error, Local scenery directory (addon scenery/SCENERY), not found at area 0.38.Which of my scenery add-on progs is at fault, I don't want to have to re-install both again.BTW does anyone know which geographical area is covered by area 0.38, it might be somewhere I don't fly and therefore I don't have to bother!

Open your Scenery.cfg file in the main FS9 folder(using notepad) look under entry 38 to see what is giving you the error.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest revporl70

it says this[Area.038]Title=Addon SceneryLocal=Addon SceneryLayer=38Active=TRUERequired=FALSEthing is, there doesn't appear to be a folder called addon scenery in the fs9 directory.I am confused!ps like the Rush reference Geddy!

"thing is, there doesn't appear to be a folder called addon scenery in the fs9 directory."That is the problem.The real question is where did it go? It is there by default.I would do a search for any folder named "addon scenery" and see what happens.If you changeActive=TRUEtoActive=falseAnd save, FS should start without the error notice.Or probably a better idea is to add a folder named addon scenery to the FS directory. This is a common folder where many people place Afcad files, scenery libraries, addon sceneries etc. Be sure to add 2 folders in "addon scenery" named "scenery" and "texture" as these are where the files will actually go.BTW, don't include the quotation marks in your folder names or searches.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest revporl70

Thanks for that. I've still got FS9 installed on my old PC, I'll find the folder on there and copy it over.