Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Is your Millenium Dome "wet"?

At the suggestion of David "Opa" Marshall, I'm including my e-mail to him regarding the hassle I've been dealing with over the past week when I discovered on a flight out of London City UK, that the Millenium Dome in my FS installation was 3/4 in The Thames River. The default installation shows it on dry land at a bend in the river. I now had to figure out why "my" Dome wasn't high and dry. It all came down to Quantum Leaps Repositioning Update Program for bridges and objects under Ultimate Terrain. Seems it just didn't involve the Dome, but London Bridge and several other bridges across the Thames."Opa" thought it might be helpful to others who discovered they had a "wet" Dome.Dave:Solved my problem concerning the Millenium Dome. Seeing that MS probably put London bgl's in the EURW scenery folder, I started my search there. Found a London.bgl file, removed it and the Dome disappeared. But all I wanted to do was get it out of the water. I then noticed further down the Thames that London Bridge was on land as were several other bridges out of place. This got me to thinking about the Quantum Leap folder from UT that I had recently installed which did a repositioning of many bridges. But, I did not have UT Europe. Shouldn't make a difference, I thought. I went to the Quantum readme file and started looking at all the objects that this program repositioned. Very near the bottom was the Millenium Dome (!) London Bridge and several others. So I went to the Quantum folder and looked for a London.bgl. Cut it, and voila! The Dome and all the other bridges were back in there proper places, Hoorah! If I do get UT Europe, I'll just put that London.bgl back in the Quantum folder and I'll be good to go. I love a good mystery.Hope this might be of some help to others.Chris

Chris:Thanks for taking the time to post this, and to do so in a clear and complete manner. Knowing the fix is here now and for the future is a great help.

But QLR is only for UT users? Am I missing something or why would you be using QLR if you don't have UT?-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul:I had UT USA, but not UT Europe. QLRP4UT applied re-positionings for UT USA/Canada & Europe. So when I installed this program ,it re-positioned objects in the USA/Canada & Europe programs. One of those being the Millenium Dome in London. Where it had been on land in my default setup (no UT Europe installed) , it now put it into the Thames as coastlines were correctly re-positioned and the corresponding objects along them as well. To get the Dome back on land, I had to remove the London.bgl file from the QLRP4UT folder. It also affected many other bridges along the Thames as well.Chris

Chris,If you use the configuration tool that comes with QLRP4UT, you can simply select which UT products you have installed.

Graeme Butler

exactly... You shouldn't have to be deleting or moving files, it sounds like you installed QLR wrong...-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks Graeme. You are exactly correct. I went back to the configuration utility and indeed, the UT Europe box was checked as was the UT World box. Thought I had initially unchecked the Europe box. Restored the London.bgl to the QLRP4UT scenery folder and all is well again. Must be my tri-focals!Chris

Guest bluesman666

HiI don't have UT, but my Dome is in the Thames, plus sandspits mid riverI may have downloaded a dodgy texture fileAny ideasThanksDave

Dave:Are there any other Addon scenery folders you have installed for anything to do with London? Also, look in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder as well. The default FS9 installation does place the Dome on land. You say you don't have UT. Do you mean UT Europe or any UT program?Chris