Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne (FS2004)

you should turn on flightdirector before autopilot, so fd/ap/nav and it will follows the gps

I tried this again the other day and it still would not work. When I click on the GPS it would stay "lighted" for about 8 seconds and then it would jump back to NAV. It never would hold on GPS ? jerrycwo4

You are right, this aircraft works fine and compared to some of the heavyweights like the 767, it's easy to use.To reiterate1) You need a flightplan loaded into the GPS. The Aux button will load the flight plan you have in Flight Simulator into the GPS, which is an easy route to get it in.2) You must have the Flight Director on (on autopilot panel).3) You must have the Yaw Damper & Autopilot on on autopilot panel).4) Nav1 must NOT be tuned to an ILS frequency (on the radio panel).5) The autopilot must be set to Nav (on autopilot panel).6) The Nav/GPS switch must be set to GPS (on the coaming right in front of the LH seat). The question of course arises whether you are actually anywhere near your GPS route when you are selecting these settings. If you are miles away heading in the wrong direction having already missed a number of the waypoints, you may be expecting a lot for the GPS to get you back on track. This isn't a peculiarity of the Cheyenne, it's common to a lot of FS aircraft I think. So you may need to navigate to a point on the route before you start.Your GPS route can be displayed on the weather radar BTW, I think the button is marked Nav (not Map, which is something else).

ngxu_banner.png

ailchim,Thanks for taking the time and making to effort to write this in the FULL details that I needed to make it work. It's now working for me. The Cheyenne is my plane of choice now and I needed to be able to make it follow a track line. Thanks again for making the effort. jerrycwo4