Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Project Tupolev Tu-154M released!!!!

Guest Nealoc187

How does this aircraft compare with something along the lines of a payware Level-D 767, Flight1 ATR72, Maddog MD-82 2006, PMDG 747? I've never tried a complex freeware aircraft before and I'm curious.

After getting it started by the book (english manual) and doing a couple of bumps my first impression is very favourable. Especially the complicated systems are simulated well. Flight model seems accurate, ground-handling is very good, exterior model also, VC is simply stunning from atmosphere. So IMO it is right up there with the big payware boys!

It's as good as one of the top quality payware aircraft. It's just different because it's Russian. In a way it's like comparing a Boeing and Airbus in terms of how you program an FMC, set up the autopilot, etc. If you think Boeing and Airbus are different, this plane will really surprise you. But that's what I like about these Russian aircraft - something totally different to learn. Easy it isn't, but it's certainly satisfying when you complete your first circuit :-)It's not for everyone though and I don't recommend it if you aren't prepared to read and re-read the manual (which is in English) and take your time learning. I'm off to try an figure out the navigation now - which really is something different :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest ha5mvo

>How does this aircraft compare with something along the lines>of a payware Level-D 767, Flight1 ATR72, Maddog MD-82 2006,>PMDG 747? I've never tried a complex freeware aircraft before>and I'm curious.A better comparison, IMO would be to the DF727.I would say that in most categories it's one step ahead of the (wonderful) 727 but that may be a subjective assessment.What's undoubtful, is that it's most certainly up there with the big boys and as people mentioned - there's a learning curve.Simply flipping up the switches and pressing some "start" button won't do, the english manual is 260 pages long for a reason.... btw, AFAIK today or tomorrow a Czech version of the panel along with a soundset is due to be released.

Guest Nealoc187

Cool I think I will check it out. The simplicity of most of the aircraft out there bores me so something new will be nice, and I like them as technical and realistic as possible. I noticed that the 154M has a KLN-90B - that should feel right at home since I have used those in real life :D

Guest ha5mvo

>>I like them as technical and realistic as possible.You'll be pleasantly surprised then - it doesn't get more "technical and realistic" than that. The same applies to the KLN90B...P.SSupport forum(s):http://www.protu-154.com/forum/

Beautifully done.Excellent flight dynamics. Ultra-smooth VC instruments. Great frame rates. Comprehensive systems simulation. Very realistic wing flex in turbulence. Animated crew figures (zoom in on cockpit in Spot view).Wide screen panel BMPs will be available soon. etc. etc.Project Tupolev have really outdone themselves with this one.

John

ED, who's got access to a printer at work eh? hehehe, nice one Ed ;)Can you do me one please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I knew that I'd take a little "heat" from my entry but I wrote it anyway as it is just MY opinion, and no one elses. I said it was a very complex aircraft and I couldn't memorize all of the Russian on those gauges in 20 years. Sorry if I ruffeled your feathers, I didn't mean to insult anyone. As for me, I'm sticking with my Level-D 767. I hope you guys enjoy your new aircraft as I know it took a lot of work to put it out. jerrycwo4:-)

Guest ha5mvo

>I knew that I'd take a little "heat" from my entry but I>wrote it anyway as it is just MY opinion, and no one elses. I>said it was a very complex aircraft and I couldn't memorize>all of the Russian on those gauges in 20 years. Sorry if I>ruffeled your feathers, I didn't mean to insult anyone. As for>me, I'm sticking with my Level-D 767. I hope you guys enjoy>your new aircraft as I know it took a lot of work to put it>out. jerrycwo4:-) No feathers ruffled Jerry.This is obviously your prerogative whether to install this addon or not. Point was, that what you perceive to be an insurmountable obstacle may not necessarily be one. Your opinion is valid but as you say - it's yours. I/We just wanted to show the other side of that coin and naturally no feelings were "hurt" in the process ;)Ah..and..there's a Czech version that's now available...maybe the Czech would be easier to come by :))

Guest KFD

Dave,Where did you get that cute little spider on your signature block? It would infuriate the #### out of my boss - can you point me in the right direction?Kev

>Dave,>> can you point me in the right direction?>>Kevright-click ... save picture as...

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Astoundingly realistic. Thanks for the heads-up :)---------------------------------------Confuscius Say: FSX Fan who anonymously joins forum to attack person is sockpuppet and mouthpiece!

Kev, its not a spider it's a Flea. David Roch our moderator made me promise to feed it regulary ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png