Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Project Tupolev Tu-154M released!!!!

Guest Zevious Zoquis

Frankly, the russian character is part of what makes this add-on so cool afaic...

I have four or five payware aircraft in my *scrap hanger*, never to be flown again.Then something like this outstanding freeware bird comes along..... WOW!!!!SPEACHLESS!!!

Guest Nealoc187

I've started reading the manual and I have a question.Page 17, where it is describing all the gauges on the captain's main panel - what are all the letters/numbers after the description for?here's some examples23 Radio Magnetic indicator IKU-1 34 Radiocompass USHDB-2..What do those codes after the description mean?

Guest ha5mvo

>I've started reading the manual and I have a question.>>Page 17, where it is describing all the gauges on the>captain's main panel - what are all the letters/numbers after>the description for?>>>here's some examples>>23 Radio Magnetic indicator IKU-1 >>34 Radiocompass USHDB-2..>>>What do those codes after the description mean?not a lot really, it's just the way the russians name their instruments. The letters would usually stand for an abbreviation of the instruments function (not unlike the english RMI or HSI for example) and the number will designate the variation of that particular gauge. So on the TU154 the compass may be USHDB-2, a slightly different compass on the IL-62 might be named USHDB-3.The manual gives the proper name of the instrument, though it's not something you need to spend too much time committing to memory. As a sidenote - you're more likely to get answers here:http://www.protu-154.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2(the english support forum) as people might overlook or not notice questions on Avsims FS9 general forums.

Guest Nealoc187

cool thanks. I signed up on the protu-154 forums, just waiting on my activation I guess. I'm excited to try to fly this thing tomorrow (after I get done flying a real plane tomorrow morning... A day of aviation for me :D

>I knew that I'd take a little "heat" from my entry but I>wrote it anyway as it is just MY opinion, and no one elses. I>said it was a very complex aircraft and I couldn't memorize>all of the Russian on those gauges in 20 years. Sorry if I>ruffeled your feathers, I didn't mean to insult anyone. As for>me, I'm sticking with my Level-D 767. I hope you guys enjoy>your new aircraft as I know it took a lot of work to put it>out. jerrycwo4:-) Thanks for that :-) I just thought it was a little unfair to use the word 'useless' as the manual, aircraft, etc is quite straightforward to use.No offence intended at all from my part and if I came across as unfriendly I apologise to you.But, go on, try it - I dare you. Being a Level D user you're obviously capable of understanding comlex addons. This one is different, but I'm prepared to bet you a beer that you'd get to like it :-)Best regards!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest lgvpilot1

free beers!!! Downloading it now:-) Mark

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------I have four or five payware aircraft in my*scrap hanger*, never to be flown again.-------------------------------------------------Lol I know THAT feeling!

I've been playing with this beast for a couple of hours now, and I'm just...speechless. I've mastered every piece of complex payware I've ever tried in virtually no time, and this thing is more challenging than ANY of them. Wow. I did finally get it into the air after working through the excellent step-by-step tutorial, and it flies wonderfully! It's a keeper. How is this possibly free?Those Russian designers sure do love lots of switches, though...Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

Guest Nealoc187

>Those Russian designers sure do love lots of switches,>though...>No kidding - "avionics switch" anyone lol

Guest mikealpha

>> The letters would usually stand for an abbreviation of the instruments functionYes, exactly ! For the IKU-1 as an example it stands for 'Indikator Kursovovo ugla', one could say 'course angle indicator' by word-by-word translator.Or AGR-72 as another example : 'AviaGorizont Rezervny' - reserve (backup) artificial horizon.Mike

I decided to make a video tutorial on some of the startup procedure for the Tu154M...since I thought a 30-40 minute sitting watching the video and seeing where the switches are in sequence might be useful to some people. No russian terms, and quite a few western equivelent terms used. If you can fly the PMDG747, this video will hopefully make sense. That said, this bird is harder to fly than the 747 IMO (well, very different anyway).Also the GPS KLN90b is pretty amazing too, the first video in the sequence deals with that for most of the video.here is the first video... next ones in the series are linked to as "Video Response's"http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=v2U1NquYXnQ

Guest Nealoc187

>I decided to make a video tutorial on some of the startup>procedure for the Tu154M...>>since I thought a 30-40 minute sitting watching the video and>seeing where the switches are in sequence might be useful to>some people. >>No russian terms, and quite a few western equivelent terms>used. If you can fly the PMDG747, this video will hopefully>make sense. That said, this bird is harder to fly than the 747>IMO (well, very different anyway).>>>Also the GPS KLN90b is pretty amazing too, the first video in>the sequence deals with that for most of the video.>>here is the first video... next ones in the series are linked>to as "Video Response's">>http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=v2U1NquYXnQi started watching your videos last night on youtube and I want to say that they are very helpful - I haven't yet flown the TU because of the difficulty in locating switches, just like you said, even after reading through the manual. locating switches in a plane that I can read the labels is one thing, even if I don't know where they are, but in a plane where i can't read the labels AND I don't know where they are is even more difficult. your videos help a great deal.

Guest weeniemcween

These videos are fantastic.Would you consider uploading the full quality unsegmented original to a file sharing site so we can download it as such?Thanks very much,James

Can someone send me the TU154M English manual, i cant find it from my project tupolev folder or internet?