Sign in to follow this  
greenland

AFCAD

Hi AllI have AFCAD 221. Is there a newer version? When I try to do a search I get one zillion hits.RegardsHenrik KorningGreenland

Mr. Swordy has retired from active Flight simming / programming etc. and thus we will see no updates to his marvelous programs.

May want to give AFX from Flight1 a try.Works with FS9 and FSX.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

There's always one and I guess that's me. I think "AFCAD" came out in FS2002 and I NEVER learned just what it was all about. I think I have a great FS2004 but I have NEVER done anything with AFCAD, what ever it is. Could someone explain in not so many words what I'm missing for not AFCADing? jerrycwo4

Jerry, with AFCAD you can basically create a new airport or edit an existing one.What can you create or edit i hear you ask?Taxiways, parking slots, aprons, ATC communications, navigation aids etc. for airports.For example, if you have a favourite bush airport and this bush airport does not have any of the above except for the stock standard runway by itself in the middle of nowhere, then AFCAD will allow you to add these in, thus bringing your airport alive.I use AFCAD mainly for updating airports that have no parking slots, taxiways and ATC etc so that AI aircraft can use them.It also has an "Aircraft Editor" so use can assign certain AI aircraft to certain parking slots. For example, if you have a FEDEX hangar and building at a particular airport, but your FEDEX AI aircraft park a zillion miles away, you can modify the parking slots and Aircraft in order for your FEDEX aircraft to park in the correct location, at the FEDEX terminal.Hope this helps Jerry.

Thanks alot, you did a good job explaining. I guess that I have just been satisfied with what I received with the installation of a new airport. Like maybe, I just installed the new Heathroe 2008 and on the 1st install decided to go for the Higher resolution and static aircraft. My FPS were sometimes as low as about 12, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it without the high res scenery or the static aircraft and this pulled my FPS up to about 16-20. After this install I noticed a LOT of emply gates !!! I'll bet the real EGLL never has this many empty gates. Is this one of the "things" AFCAD would do? Have more AI fill some of the empty gates? Thanks jerrycwo4

pan pan pan --Would you know how I could use Lee's program to make taxiways visible in my map view in FSNavigator for my FlyTampa sceneries? They're the only ones I can't see the taxiways on in FSNav, and I can't figure out why not -- Makes it harder to get to the proper runway when Radar Contact assigns me, because I otherwise don't usually need an airport chart.Thanks.

You need to look at the AFCAD for the addon airport.Because airports such as FlyTampa provide extensive, excellent custom ground textures - many AFCAD files for those airports have no taxiways - only "apron routes" which do not have a draw texture component.You could change all the apron routes which are not actually on aprons to taxiways - save that AFCAD under a new name. Run the FSNav DB rebuild program. Restore the original AFCAD.That should make FSNav see the taxiways and not risk having the AFCAD mess with the scenery.Though frankly, I just keep the airport charts handy for those few airports in that quality/ catagory of scenery.

jerrycwo4"Is this one of the "things" AFCAD would do? Have more AI fill some of the empty gates?" Jerry, as long as there is AI aircraft flightplanned to that particular airport then yes, it will fill the gates.When you see aircraft land, then disappear before they taxi off the runway, thats because there are no parking slots available for them to go to.By creating more, or adding a new scenery with an AFCAD that has parking slots, then those aircraft will have somewhere to go. It all comes down to if there are aircraft flightplanned to that airport.Chuck B."Would you know how I could use Lee's program to make taxiways visible in my map view in FSNavigator for my FlyTampa sceneries?"You dont use Lee's program to make the taxiways visible.As RFields5421 said, you use FSNavDB to update the AFCAD's.Basically, you modify the airfield you want with AFCAD, or if you have a new scenery, just install it then run FSNavDB.You will find FSNavDB in the modules/FSNavigator/Bin folder in your Flightsim folder, the big yellow compass looking icon.Hit that and down the bottom you will see "Create Database". Make sure your "FlyTampa" is checked, and hit the "Create Database". It may take a while, so grab a cup of coffee.When its finished, you should see the newly modified, or newly installed AFCAD in your FSNAV.Pan Pan Pan