Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A most rewarding 'Connie' flight....

Just landed at Sedona, Arizona, originating out of KLAX (Los Angeles Int.)Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon is a most beautiful area of Arizona, and being that the Sedona airport is on top of a butte, it makes for interesting approaches due to up and down drafts in air currents.Try taking a Constellation in for a touch-down. The airport was not designed for aircraft of this size...so make sure you touch the numbers right away, and then put your toes into the oil pan in using the brakes!!!! Trust me...you do NOT want to overshoot the runway or airport property at Sedona! ROTFLMBO!!!!!I was just approaching the threshold when I had a shot of updraft and some float coming up the side of the Butte using AS 6.5Most enjoyable and challenging using the 'Connie' for this adventure.Cheers!Mitch

Guest Nealoc187

I've been through that airport in real life, my aunt has a place there. A constellation coming in there would sure be something to see lol.

I fly the "connie" alot and one of the best parts for me is watching those 4 great big engines cought and sputter, smoke and flame, starting ONE at a time when viewed from ahead, outside of the aircraft. If you don't know how to do this, come back to this article and I'll explain it,. jerrycwo4