Sign in to follow this  
Guest jl999

9 Dragon Kai Tak v2 is up

So my question is this. V1 looks great, everything works, I couldn't be happier - can anyone from the 9 Dragons team tell me if I should delete V1 and install V2? Is there something in it I need?Thanks!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest c210_cvs

More importantly, will AES still work with this version?!?

Just wondering, where did you see version 2?>So my question is this. V1 looks great, everything works, I>couldn't be happier - can anyone from the 9 Dragons team tell>me if I should delete V1 and install V2? Is there something>in it I need?>>Thanks!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest hma

Hi,"Full support of AES" says the description :)Rgds,Hugo

>Thank you guys! A job well done.Where did you see 9Dragons V2Did they release a Version 2.0 of their software?

Best Regards,

Russell,Thanks for the information and direction.Much appreciated.>> Yes...ver2 is in the file library here on Avsim.>>Russell.

Best Regards,

>So my question is this. V1 looks great, everything works, I>couldn't be happier - can anyone from the 9 Dragons team tell>me if I should delete V1 and install V2? Is there something>in it I need?>>Thanks!Anyone know?

Gavin Barbara

Yea, I would say if you have everything working just right with the original version, or let's say you are one of those who have Chek Lap Kok working with 9D (you traitors! Ha! :D ), then I would not go through the hassle of uninstalling and then upgrading to V2. (But It actually takes about 3 minutes to upgrade).V2 mainly for those who have issues with V1, or they are new to the hobby and all those instructions screw them up, or perhaps English is not there first language. That is where V2 should help.It does move a few buildings around (we had a few skyscrapers a little too close in the "red zone"), nicely pointed out by a simmer so we moved those back a bit. Also improved the view from the carpark rooftop if you are into plane spotting... added a few Gmax buildings. Little tweaks that were buggin' me. Some autogen was "floating" on HK Island... things like that.So I would say leave as is if you're happy, otherwise go for the latest.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thanks for that!

Gavin Barbara

Thanks for that.

Gavin Barbara

Clutch, will it cure my level's problem please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi,Another question... Is there going to be a small patch for the "added features" so to speak? ( ie the replaced buildings, improved nerd spotting position on the car park etc. )In general it works great for me, so I am reluctant to remove everything and download again, but being human, I want the latest/greatest improvements.... so .. any hope of a little patch?Thanks for this great scenery!Cheers,Paul