Sign in to follow this  
Guest revporl70

Changing Runway headings

Guest revporl70

I need to change the runway headings for my home airport, Manchester EGCC as due to magnetic pole changes the runways are now at 23 and 05. I know that there is a piece of software you can download to make simple changes to airport configuration. What is it called? I can't remember. Also I run FSnav, so I'll need to change its airport database. How do I do that?

Search in Avsim library for AFCad2. When your rway changes have been made, look in FS9 main folderModulesFSNavigatorBinFSNavDBC.exe and it will rebuild its D/Base from FS9 data.John

Guest revporl70

I've downloaded the program, had a look at Manchester, and I'm none the wiser how to change the runway heading, both runways appear to be in several parts (unless I'm looking at the wrong thing). Could someone talk me through how you change the heading of 24R and 24L. I know it's probably not as hard as I think!

Guest LeeWang

Open up EGCC using AFCAD, then click on

Guest wji

" . . . will not change how they are aligned."Roger that, just like in the real worldThe magnetic north pole is racing across our planet at 40km/year and will soon be on Russia's mainland.To compensate for this magnetic drift -- and to keep magnetic runway readings within 5 degrees -- from time-to-time, airport authorities change the runway designations to mirror this magnetic drift.As noted, the physical runways are not dug up and realigned.Here's a Manchester AF2 file which took all of two-minutes to edit:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184134.jpgP.S. The default FS9 Bar-E Ranch 2WY8 is an interesting anomaly: The runways are laying 10/28 in the sim but realworld and FS9 ATC they are 04/22.If pilots are not familiar and appraoch thinking they are going to find a Rwy22 to land westward, they are in for a big surprise! :-)Yes, I edited it so the ATC Window now shows the runway 10/28 -- their physical position in FS2004.

bill:misscommunication on my part with my words ... the changing of the name will not change the FS world to show the magnetic drift. FS mag center is still where it was mid-2003 (for FS9).yes, i understand mag drift ... 40 years of camping, hunting and sailing makes one aware of how to read a map/chart and adjust for local magnetic.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/