Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jon Standley

Removing FS9 default airport items

Guest Jon Standley

I need some help. I'm redoing a stock airport in FS9 because its original placement in the world is off. I have remade the airport using correct coordinates and reshaped the taxiways etc...However, now the default scenery objects (buildings, radar etc...) are either in the middle of the taxiway or offset from where I need them. Is there a way to eithera.) change their positionORb.) delete them and start overI'm using AFCAD2 to do this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!Jon

Guest wji

Yes and No.Depends on which default objects they areThe only way to find out is to create an Exclude file and see what happens.Another option is to place your new runway beside the existing objectsPut another way: It's easier to move the runway than the default FS9 objects :-)P.S. Knowing the ICAO of the airport-in-question would have been helpful; I could have written an exclude= and given a definitive answer.

Guest dogknot

It's worth a read to understand how it all works... or doesn't work within the confines of FS. You might go ahead and try it yourself too, as it's really not difficult at all.These will get you going: (all from the avsim library)excbuilderv2.zipexcbld_tutorial.ziptutorial_correction.zip

Guest Jon Standley

>P.S. Knowing the ICAO of the airport-in-question would have>been helpful; I could have written an exclude= and given a>definitive answer.Sorry, my bad. I'm redrawing KDAB Daytona Beach Intl. I can't move the runway though because I have the exact coordinates of the surfaces. Any help is appreciated!Jon

SceneGenX works good at doing what you want. you can load all default objects, including taxisigns, windsocks, buildings, etc and exclude misplaced ones then move them to desired positions, or replace them. I loaded KDAB up into SGX, and found the runways look good. Taxiways could use some work. This seems to be the case with many airports. I suspect it has something to do with AI function, rather than "mistakes" by MS.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184164.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184165.jpgscott s..

Guest Jon Standley

Thanks for all the help guys. I know some of the coordinates match up in Google Earth but I'll remind you that using satellite imagery is not accurate all the time as the angle of capture of the photo can put coordinates off. But thats ok, I will figure out what to do. I appreciate the help.