Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Painting help for 9Dragons please?

I'm having a ball with the Level-D 767 9Dragons livery in and out of Kai Tak. Thank you so much to the creators of which!My only issue is that the paint job keeps going 'blurrey' (DXT3?). I've fixed this before with DXTBmp, but now can't remember how.There's a splendid simple (for the likes of me) tutorial somewhere, I just can't find it. Can any point me in the right direction please?Many thanks

Guest Sim-reviews

Hi mate Simple place the texture in dxtbmp on the right hand side you have a box ticked untick it. then save your texture as 32bit or Dxt3.Have fun MateAndy Medleywww.sim-reviews.co.uk

Golly gosh!!! Did i get to be your first post???Many thanks. Is that with every bmp in every texture folder:-eek ?

Guest simonmd

This happens with FS9 and DXT3 textures sometimes. Easy thing to do it pause the sime and zoom right in close and back out again. That should make it re focus.

Thanks for both answers guys. I do want to convert them, as there's nothing worse than coming in on final, switching view, then loosing that fantastic overall visual of the whole thing at Kai Tak. Zooming in isn't really an option then without pausing.I've got about half way through the files in the LDS 9D texture folder, using the method outlined above. However, i'm seeing exactly the same size files after saving. Should this be the case?Thanks again.

Guest lgvpilot1

As Andy said in DXTBMP un check mipmapping on the rightYou will probably find that you will need to do this on the textures you have edited .Just out of interest does the aircraft appear blurred in the select aircraft window as you load it?Mark

>As Andy said in DXTBMP un check mipmapping on the right>You will probably find that you will need to do this on the>textures you have edited .>Just out of interest does the aircraft appear blurred in the>select aircraft window as you load it?>>MarkHi MarkThat's exactly what i have been doing, and coming up with identical files sizes to pre editing. I just didn't wan't to find i was doing it wrong before going on - it's a labourious task.No they're not blurred in preview window - just in sim.Thanks

Guest simonmd

To save yourself some work, the only files you need to play with are b763fuse_left_t and b763fuse_right_t. These are the only two files that are used in painting the actual main body.

Many thanks Simon. Only wish i'd seen your post sooner - Duh!Nevermind, i'll know now for PMDG744