Sign in to follow this  
crash_continental

Grass stays green in winter

Can't find the solution to this one on my own;I don't know what I installed but all the grass textures (grass field textures, airport grounds only) remain green even in winter. Airports like Toronto which should show snow at this time of year, stay green. It only happens on the airport grounds - once beyond the perimeter the snow texures return. I've been looking around for textures to replace but haven't been able to find any that do this. Does anyone know which file it is in the global texture folder? Thanks a lot...- daniel

I believe you will find that you have added enhancements to the airports (like Toronto) which display as you describe. They authors did not use seasonal textures for the airport grounds.The fact that snow appears away from the perimiter of the airport suggests that those areas have seasonal textures (default FS) while the airport grounds do not.This is not uncommon.

Sounds then like a corrupted texture file or it has been replaced by some enhancement.The following link may be helpful.Here you can find the location of all the files on your CD's and how to extract just what you need.http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlHope this helps.