Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Sound issues...

Hi,I downloaded a new bizjet here on AVSIM and I really want to like it but for one thing - the sound of the engines in flight have a short gap of silence in the looping that just screws me into the ceiling. The plane is a LiderDesigns Gulfstream V. The sounds are very nicely done and I'd like to keep them. Can somebody point me to a site that has details on how sounds work? I have never dealt with the sound.cfg before and it's all Greek to me. Is there some setting that controls loop time or something like that? It is as if the set time to play the .wav is longer than the .wav is itself. Is this possible?Thanks in advance,dolph

What is the specific name of the file you downloaded?Sounds like it is possibly a problem with the wav file(s) but need to see exactly what aircraft you are referring to.

Hi,I found the culprit. The file I d/l'd was g100-moz.zip. I got confused here. I am flying a GV from Lider Designs with the sound from g100-moz.zip because I like it better than the Lear sounds. The file that had a problem was the wind file and not the engine sound file as I first thought. It had a short gap of silence at the end that I removed with a sound editor and all is fine.