Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

LevelD 757 only for FS10

Ah, too bad, been using their products since the 767PIC days, no choice but to skip the FS10 stuff due to FS10 performance reasons...I wonder how the FS10 addon market is doing. Feel bad about the whole situation, seems the market split into two.------------1 February 2008Level-D Simulations is developing the 757 for FSX. There will be no further announcements about its development until such time as the developers choose to post information about the 757 for FSX. There will not be a FS9 version of the 757.Please do not post any new threads about the 757 as they will be removed.Sincerely,Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation------------------

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Absolutely no offense but this is hardly news.. it has been known almost from the day they announced the 757's development and the topic has already been beaten to death in various forums. I don't see what there is left to discuss?

Well, despite being a daily reader of this forum, I wasn't aware of it.It's a shame for me as I have no intention of going to FSX unless I have to buy a new PC for other reasons, from what I can gather there isn't anything in it to make the expense worthwhile otherwise.I would have been a first day purchaser of a LDS757, but thta option is therefore not available to me.As a fan of the 767, I can only hope it pays off for LDS.

ngxu_banner.png

"I wonder how the FS10 addon market is doing. Feel bad about the whole situation, seems the market split into two."Based on a quick glance at my numbers, the split is around 50/50, but things are trending toward the FSX side.Cheers,Bryan

Guest monsoon

I believe the last consensus that was taken not too long ago was 2/3 of ppl are STILL using fs9. I hope it continues that way too. I just upgraded my computer to a QX 9650, 8800 Ultra video, Gigabyte Ga-X38-DQ6 mobo and some ram and i STILL refuse to switch to FSX. So I dont blame anyone else for not doing it either.

I too was not aware of this. Bad news, sure wish they would re-think that move like PMDG did with the MD-11As I said before I use FS9 for my hard core "airline pilot simulation" and FSX wins for low and slow. An addon airport with an addon airplane slows my current rig down too much to make it enjoyable in FSX. In FS9 it runs like butter even with 100% AI (and AES kicks too!)Also of note....My LVD Operations Manual & Guide (printed version, November 2005) say this on page 11."757-200 Landing soon"

>still the majority of the flight community stick to the FS9.a similar issue happened when the 'transition' from FS7 to FS8. folks were slow 'to take up' FS8 as it really changed how much computer 'power' was required. in the end the vast majority went to FS8 (and then FS9). and to be honest, there has always been complaints about each new FS version and those that 'refuse' to update/upgrade.FSX seems to have 'split the market' more than any other release over the last 1.5 year.>Overall the computer industry is getting very expensive it is not. the cost of a new computer is falling. computer system 'power' comes cheaper every 2-3 months.my first windows PC (i was a MAC user only from 85-97) purchased in 1997 cost just over $2000 and included 200MHz MMX, 24MB ram, 2.1GB HD, and a video card with 2MG of memory.my second win PC purchased in 2000 was $1700 and included: 700MHz PentIII, 128MB memory, 30GB HD, and a 16MB video cardmy third (and current) PC purchased in 2002 was $1100 and included: 2.4Ghz P4, 512MB memory, 60GB HD, and 64MB video card (over the past six years i've updated memory, HD and video card).--edit: subject line to reflect post--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

My buy criteria for FSX stuff will be:1. Something significantly better looking or working than FS9.2. Runs on something other than Vista. 3. When I upgrade my hardware.Not looking likely anything soon - since 1 and 2 kinda contradict each other. Spending for a new computer is a low priority for me right now.Would have been an immediate buy if it was for FS9.

I does not matter that the cost of hardware is going down,Its still over 1000$ every 18 months or so,And I cannot even keep up with the increasingly bloated software that is FSX. I have all ready purchased an ASUS Maximus Extreme Mobo,with plans of a quadcore.But this will not even run FSX to my liking,(Addon big airport,airliner and AI traffic.So unless the next flightsim is something radical in reprograming(like supposed airliner xp),My last sim in this hobby is CF9.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest lgvpilot1

Once you have concidered the cost of the hardware (eventually we all upgrade or splash on a new machine) I think you have to concider the cost of replacing your exsisting add on software ,ie active sky fspassengers , radar contact Pmdg , I could go on all day.We cannot expect developers to release all of the things we run along side our flightsim as an upgrade (if only:-) )Personally it would cost me hundreds of pounds to fly fsx and for that reason alone I will stay with fs9 .BUT!!! There has to be a cutoff point somewhere and i think for us fs9'ersIts drawing closer Mark

Hmmmm. I think Owen Hewitt summed it up well:"Francois (Dumas) makes some very valid statements that have been on my mind for quite some time.His analysis that the FS market is in a 3-way tier state is accurate and I'll summarize here:1) People who are completely new to the FS franchise with FSX being their first introduction who are not aware that an entire global online community exists that further supports this platform 2) A small group of experienced FS users who have made the move to FSX due to hardware upgrades, etc. and 3) A substantial portion of experienced FS users who either have chosen to remain with FS9 or have reverted back to it for a lack of being able to run FSX with current hardware."Source: http://polypoke.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5...ECF01!778.entryI can't believe it's 50:50 already, especially when I look at the 75:25 ratio of FS9 to FSX files in the library!I think LDS are trying to encourage FS9 users to migrate to FSX. Nice plane, but no way am I going to put up with desertified airports and ground textures ....

Hi,I have purchased every Flight Sim tile since I started flying FS back in the days of Flight Simulator for the Tandy 1000, 1200HD, and 2000 computer (I still have the Book and floppy disk). FSX Deluxe is the only release I did not purchase, it was given to me as a gift. IMHO - Microsoft's Flight Simulation program has needed a complete from the ground up overhaul for some time now, FSX should of been that new simulator. They should of started from scratch and dropped all backward compatibility.I have a top of the line system that was purchased just for Flight Simulation. I built this system myself and it cost me over $6,000.00. FSX Deluxe runs extremely poorly on this system. Its so bad (even with SP1 & SP2), I do not fly FSX Deluxe anymore. FS9/FS2004 runs with everything maxed out. I own just about every piece of add-on product you can imagine and the bottom line is this, I'm happy with FS9/FS2004.I'm not so sure about the market being 50/50, maybe it seemed that way at first. However, I think FSX is loosing momentum and sales will continue to drop as more and more Flight Simmers return to FS9/FS2004. I think this is true now more than ever, since Aces is done with FSX and we now have the final release. Which is not much better than the initial release.I purchased a couple of FSX items while I was trying to setup FSX. I'm sure many others did the same, so my dollars as well as others were counted in the initial 50/50 split. Those days are gone, at least for me and I'm sure others as well. So that 50/50 split will begine to widen and not in FSX's favor.Its a shame Level-D is not going to produce a 757 for FS9. I'll just have to make due with their 767 until such a time as the next Flight Simulator is released.I can say this without hesitation, I purchased my last FSX add-on!.I can also say without hesitation, I will continue to purchase and support FS9/FS2004!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest monsoon

For the first time in FS history I can run FS with movie like speed (even better actually). No stutters, no frame dropping, nothing but pure satisfaction. AND for the first time with EVERY slider maxxed. EVERY ONE. And I have every addon scenery, plane, activesky, etc addon and I get 55-60 fps. WHY would i even consider fsx. I hope FSX dies quickly and everyone comes back to fs9.

Regrettable as it is, LDS' decision is understandable. Their dev cycle is years loooooooooong - I would not be surprised if the 757 does not appear for many, many months yet, and that on the condition that there are no unforeseen issues. They probably figure that by the time they are ready to release, most will have moved on to FSX.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hi,I do not foresee many more people moving up to FSX, even many, many months from now.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck