Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

LevelD 757 only for FS10

>I completely agree. We FS9 users have plenty of things to>enjoy, apart from all the money we have spent in addons, and>if we are wise we should all not consider FSX at all and wait>until FS11 is out!I still run FS9, and still purchase addons for the sim. However, FSX is graphically superior regarding scenery and cockpit depictions. It's so much better, that I often now feel a bit of a let down when using FS9. But it's okay; as FS9 is just kind of "old stuff". However, I still keep FS9 for numerous scenery, aircraft, and maximum headroom. Perhaps I'll just have to pick up a Level D for FSX, as I never bought one for FS9.L.Adamson

Guest aarskringspier

Im very suprised people are berrating Daryl and Lelvel D so much. Level D and daryl are hands down top notch people, who believe it or not, care about their user base. Look at the work, care and love that went into the 767. They released three service packs and built an almost flawless piece of Software for our enjoyment. The out cry actually speaks volumes for the quality of the company. Most people wouldnt be so upset if Level D was crap; however the fact they are so awesome at what they do has sent some off the deep end because the dont fly the platform the 757 will be on.FYI, I dont have FSX either Im to lazy quite frankly to try and tweak a new sim to what I like :(

L.Adamson, you did not pick the LVLD 767 for FS9 because you are a GA pilot.No offense, but this is a post for airline pilots. :)

"No offense, but this is a post for airline pilots. :)"Really? I thoght these forums/threads are open to all.Anyway, don't you really mean "wannabe" airline pilots?

>"No offense, but this is a post for airline pilots.>:)">>Really? I thoght these forums/threads are open to all.>>Anyway, don't you really mean "wannabe" airline pilots?Yes these forums are open to all...yes I mean "wannabe" airline pilots.If you do not get my point I will happily explain it to you. I have a feeling you do. :)

>L.Adamson, you did not pick the LVLD 767 for FS9 because you>are a GA pilot.>>No offense, but this is a post for airline pilots. :)>

>regards>>Ed>L.Adamson did make the point he was considering the LDS767, and besides just because he doesn't have the LDS doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't fly any heavy medal. He may have the PMDG 744 or 737.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest weeniemcween

You guys are totally missing Capt. Picasso's main points; FS9 is clearly the sim for airliners and the notion that level d is thinking forward by going fsx only is bs, because fs11 will require them to start over anyway. Plus any discussion not about complex airliners and just general fsx product sales is irrelevant.Meanwhile we get nonsense like the following:Daryl said on the same page,"Finally, this thread - which began because a user chose to take one of my posts from the Level-D forum to make a point (which I feel was inappropriate) - has veered off into "FS9 is better and let me tell you why" neverland.""I have belittled noone during my posts in this or any threads."Personally I think the first sentence was very belittling. Level d is not only ignoring their fs9 user fan base-which will bite into their profits ultimately-but also not taking them seriously.Capt. Picasso is citing the obvious that fs9 is the premier airliner platform and if people don't understand that, even after all the forum posts and polls indicating this fact then they are not in a position to make a sound judgment as to whats going on here. Level d thinks it's best to "move on" but the majority do not agree.

"--the notion that level d is thinking forward by going fsx only is bs, because fs11 will require them to start over anyway"----------------- The LDS developers are pretty smart cookies. I would be very surprised that their decision for FSX "only" was not based on some good insight into FS11- both content and timing.Alex Reid

Why would I belittle anyone associated with this thread? I have taken the time to explain the Level-D decision. I didn't start this "debate". I don't normally do this, but from now on I will put a smily face at the end of every sentence that I post here so you will know I'm joking and not trying to put anyone down... ;) :) ;) :) :) :)>Level d is not only ignoring their fs9 user fan base-which will bite into their profits ultimately-but also not taking them seriously.Level-D is NOT ignoring anyone, let alone the fans of the 767 for FS9, to which we have released 3 SP's. Ask end-users if the FREE Level-D SDK is useful? Is that not taking our customers seriously?Groan. ;) :)Everything must come to an end, and so must my participation in this thread. :)Thanks for the support. See you all in the simulated skies.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

>Again, take a quote and misconstrue it. Shape what someone>posts and twist it.>Then make it impossible to miscontrue a statement. I could think of 10 different ways you can say most of the things you do say. >There is really no point in trying to answer questions in>these forums. I have posted here because my name was used in>the post when it shouldn't have been.>Then why are you here if we are not up to your level? I know what sackriding goes on in your forums and i do not participate in it. But when you do venture out, do refrain from using "no point" "these" "that" because i take it you are pretty much saying you people, aren't you? Reality check in english composition might be due when you are formally representing a company. >Not sure how you come up with my quotes all over this thread,>gyrate. I have posted 4 times in this thread to respond to>posts made by other users and to explain the reason for the>Level-D decision, just like I am posting a response to yours.>It's called courtesy.Do not even attempt to insinuate you are doing anybody a favor blessing us with your presence. You are here for the same reason everybody else is; discuss events and offer opinions. Thing is you can't do that without belittling somebody. You don't even realize it anymore. This is not about you. You did not explain anything. All you have said is "you are all obsolete so move on because we don't care". That's how it sounds and then you wonder why people keep bringing up your name and quotes. Explaining a business decision should be done in a business manner. Dry and technical. Don't tell people to move on, don't tell people excuses for why you've chosen to develop for x platform. Like i already said, it doesn't matter what you've chosen because there is no product yet. Only when it comes out will we all know if it was the right choice. >I have belittled noone during my posts in this or any>threads.>Perhaps not intentional.....>Finally, release dates are rarely given... but (here's some>sarcasm for you) you need't worry about that, you won't be>buying anything from Level-D anyway, so release dates>shouldn't matter.Thanks to you, correct. I won't be buying anything else that is. I started with the first version of erics panel for fs98 and will end it with the 767 for fs9. not a bad run>Daryl Shuttleworth>Level-D Simulations>Support & Documentationmeh

>Level-D is NOT ignoring anyone, let alone the fans of the 767>for FS9, to which we have released 3 SP's. Daryl, the 3 SPs were released when FSX was not out, yet, so it was natural that the SPs were for FS9! After FSX was out, FS9 version was forgotten.

James Goggi

>Then why are you here if we are not up to your level? I know>what sackriding goes on in your forums and i do not>participate in it. But when you do venture out, do refrain>from using "no point" "these" "that" because i take it you are>pretty much saying you people, aren't you? >>Reality check in english composition might be due when you are>formally representing a company. Well said.

Not sure anyone here cares but I think it is worth pointing out. I just purchased $150 of odd ons today from Simmarket for FS9 (wife bought me a gift certificate).I own FSX but I can't remember the last time I fired it up. I'll probably end up unintalling it to make room on my Raptor for FS9.LDS, you are making a big mistake. I would have purchased the 757 in a heartbeat. Instead of trying to defend you position, why don't you consider changing it? We are the customers - isn't that the reason you are in business? If you are doing it for the love of aviation, why don't you just produce freeware?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

LevelD decided that it'snot going to make an FS9 version of its 757.That's its choice as much as it's our choice what add-ons we buy. May I suggest to those who want an FS9 757 that they buy one from another developer or even develop their own.

>>L.Adamson, you did not pick the LVLD 767 for FS9 because>you>>are a GA pilot.>>>>No offense, but this is a post for airline pilots. :)>>

>>regards>>>>Ed>>>>L.Adamson did make the point he was considering the LDS767,>and besides just because he doesn't have the LDS doesn't>necessarily mean he doesn't fly any heavy medal. He may have>the PMDG 744 or 737.>Actually; the FS9 Dreamfleet 727, Captain Sim 727 skin, and C/S (FS9)C-130. Had a PMDG 757 for FLY, and read Airliner magazine. Just a GA pilot in real life. :-hah L.AdamsonP.S. --- I'd agree that FS9 is still somewhat the platform for complex airliner operations due to more "overhead capability". However FS9 is "ancient", when it comes to what can be done development wise. If I was a developer, I believe I'd become bored quite fast, if stuck with old outdated methods; while knowing something much better, is already out there. When someone is "bored", they never do their "creative" best...