Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

LevelD 757 only for FS10

One thing is the poll result the other is market share. You can have 90% using FS9 but only 1% of those still buying addons.Can't understand why market saturation never comes in to the equation. Jos

Pat, your admission is appreciated, we all do things sometimes that others don't agree with. I do it regularly ;)The fact that you did apologise though, preserves the wonderful camaraderie that exists between nearly all of us on this forum, thank you.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>>...and what with some great airports on the horizon it strikes>me that FSX is being left behind! :-lol>Just like the FSX 757......

Dave Taylor gb.png

This is the thing that still amazes me, fs9 is more viable now than ever. It seems we are only just now really seeing the advances this sim was always capable of supporting.No doubt FSX has even greater potential, but as addon development timeframes lengthen it seems any new platform is at a serious disadvantage if the lifespan of each version is only 2-3 yrs.I think more and more fs will depend on new users to keep going - I would not be surprised if the c172 in the next version is armed :-lolregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

"but as addon>development timeframes lengthen it seems any new platform is>at a serious disadvantage if the lifespan of each version is>only 2-3 yrs."A very good point!"I would not be surprised if the c172 in the next>version is armed :-lol"ROTFLMAO! :-hah

Guest fabrytnix

If they want to sell more than some copies of 757 they will devilop for FS9 too.And we will see very soon the 757 for FS10 for sale exactly like PMDG 747 X version.

I think you hit the nail on the head here - if FSX was a re-write which fundamentally improved its underlying graphical performance to take advantage of all the new hardware that's out there, then it would be able to run complicated sims, AI, scenery etc etc so well we'd all want it.As it doesn't, we are all just as well off with FS9 + ActiveSky + Ground Environment + Ultimate Terrain and the like.I can see myself skipping FSX altogether and waiting for what comes afterwards.Of course, as you say, when we do get a re-write, there isn't going to much backward compatibility, so it had better be darned good and not need too many "utility" type add-ons for weather and scenery, otherwise the cost-of-entry is going to be huge!

ngxu_banner.png

Good point, but if I take myself as an example, my fs9 is years old, but NEW stuff never gets old. Also, as I said below, the new stuff for fs9 is still evolving - look at the difference in addon quality since fs9's inception. Whether brand new or just a better replacement for a dated addon, I personally am still willing to acquire the latest and greatest for my chosen platform, free or payware. I doubt I'm in a minority among fs9 users.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Still sticking to FS9.Too bad they are all developing addons which no one will ever use (under FSX)Ghiom

Just speaking for myself, I can't see myself buying a 757 for FS9, since I already have the 767 and don't see that it would offer me anything I don't have now. Likewise, I haven't bought the 767 for FSX, but I could see buying a 757 for FSX (I am also interested in the A320 and/or MD-11 for FSX, but these seem to be total vaporware).scott s..

What I have to say has already been said by others, I'm very disappointed to hear this is going to be an FSX only release and I hope the team reconsiders their decision.

What happens if MS decides to put on hold the development of FS11 for another 5 years? Maybe the LDS Team knows something we don't know.