Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

LevelD 757 only for FS10

>>Aces by that time will hopefully have done a complete re-write and say to #### with back-compat thus allowing all of us to be FS11 users.:)

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Hi,Well, Your product was one of the first FSX products I purchased, since I am no longer going to purchase addons for FSX, FSX is minus one. I'm sure there are others that may have purchased your product that have moved back to FS9 as well. So future numbers may not be so great.Don't get me wrong, I hope all the Flight Sim add-on companies sell enough FSX product to stay in business, I do not want to lose a great company like Level-D that has produced an excellent add-on for FS9. I hope that they are around when I move up to whatever version of FS is next in line.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

jim:and as you (or you source) will not share the information all statements you make, and others that don't share their source information, isn't fact - ONLY opinion.as you say, "don't go by any forum polls or file libraries as proof of anything."--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest weeniemcween

OY,As others have said, the issue is not plainly FSX users vs FS9 users, but the simple truth that in fsx it is basically impossible to have acceptable performance flying complex airliners into complex airports with realistic traffic and weather. Which is what the airliner enthusiasts like to do! So that's why they have stuck with fs9, which they've already furnished with tons of add on airports. Even a quad core and an 8800 won't keep a satisfying (as opposed to "satisfactory", like a C letter grade) frame rate in fsx under the above conditions. On the other hand, airlinerxp and airsimmer appear to have developed gauge programming which doesn't rely on GDI+, so that might change the story somewhat, making fsx performance a little more acceptable. But I wonder if Level D-and PMDG-are now pursuing those same technologies. And regardless, I bet that the enthusiasts would rather use such an opportunity to crank the add on detail (again, many add ons already purchased) in fs9 to obscene levels, while enjoying especially smooth movement. Furthermore, in terms of visual realism, tons of custom autogen and airport scenery, night lights, and tons of traffic just beats 1m textures (assuming they are not blurry) and shiny, or generally unrealistic, water. That opinion is made certain to most enthusiasts because from an airliner perspective you're either flying above 5,000 ft or concentrating on your taxi, take off or approach, i.e. from or to the dense add on airport. And there's mesh, much of it free, for fs9. I would add that you can use those beautiful ASX and FEX clouds in fs9 as well, if you export them in the right format. Sooo, I can't understand Level D's decision at all. They are ignoring the vast majority (at least a huge chunk if you're not completely delusional) of airliner enthusiasts who obviously prefer fs9, in which they have also invested lots of money; plus the fsx 757 will not work in fs11, so what's the point? Unless they plan to rely on the charity of their fans, or the smaller number of new simmers interested in airliners and exposed to the add on market; but therefore by now probably aware of the benefits of fs9.It's really silly that there's even an argument about this, because a quick look at any forum will tell you what's what.

Guest ha5mvo

>Hi,>>You are not going to find the raw data you are looking for in>public. But this is more than my opinion, it is based on>CURRENT data.>>And please don't go by any forum polls or file libraries as>proof of anything.>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Jim,At least you can tell us whether your comparison is based on OVERALL sales of AS6 - 6.5 Vs ASX or on sales for a parallel time frame.If indeed it is the latter, then it will actually disprove your argument that its a 50/50 market...

There are 2 possible explanations about what is happening now:1. They are actually developing something new from scratch2. They are delaying release so that it does not interfere with their 767 sales, as it is basically the same airplane no matter how they want to justify it (including the systems, particularly what can be modelled in FS). General comments to follow i guess. We will all see eventually (probably in 2012) that the 757 will be like. Their 767 needed some visual tweaks and it never got them, though some came as unofficial mods from users. If you are so bent on having the attitude of "it's not our real job" then maybe we should treat you as such? 2nd rate employees since that's what you are. Stop making excuses honestly, we have heard it all, and they no longer work. Done when done, who cares for the reasons.. Which brings me to something else.. i wish that people would stop crucifying developers for their choices. Whether the choice is sensible or not will only be apparent when the product is released and reviewed. I for one no longer buy into a name, i go by product. There are no good or bad companies, just good and bad products. So just sit tight till the 757 is released (whenever) and then comment after people have actually tried it. Also darryl, if there are already 2 757s for FS9 (actually 1 for FSX too, you forgot that one) and you dont care about the money, why do you make the implication that you won't make money unless you make it FSX only? Too much BS eventually tires the barnboy.......

Sales of a weather simulation software are irrelevant IMHO we are talking airliners here. :)

Guest JTEK99

>Sales of a weather simulation software are irrelevant IMHO we>are talking airliners here. :)Ed:Exactly. And, I might add.... sales of a weather simulation software "as reported by an individual who works for the developer of said weather simulation software."Hardly relevant, I agree. And hardly objective, to boot. I've never known a company rep who reported sales figures accurately. :)

>Hi,>>You are not going to find the raw data you are looking for in>public. But this is more than my opinion, it is based on>CURRENT data.>>And please don't go by any forum polls or file libraries as>proof of anything.>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Actually I can see why he doesn't want to release numbers.On one hand, it would be nice to know.On the other, it would be very upsetting to me if my purchasing history was being used to argue against me.Come to think of it, Jim, you should probably withdraw your claim and apologize.I add more:Even though I think it's bad form to argue with your past/present/potential customers, previously that's been fine because you are entitled to your personal opinion. However insinuating using company data to which my money contributed to support your opinion is crossing the line.Jim, a good salesman never argues with a potential customer. I know me, I sound like a complete whiner about FSX. However, if FSX has a big turn around I'll join it too. At which point I'll need a new weather program. Do you really think that this behavior is endearing me to HiFi?

"A good salesman never argues with a potential customer"... unless the salesman is in the flightsim community! ;)Freeware authors can swat people like flies if they choose. When they become commercial vendors they should put away their fly swat :-lol

>expensive and I can't see why the majority of community>unecessarily upgrade their system just for a flight sim, and>still no guarantee that the game will run as you were>expecting. >There you mention the main problem I see for FS-X. I could buy the latest hightech quad core but I find posts in the FS-X forums from guys that have such hardware and some of them still have FPS problems.Based on that info I will keep on using my current hardware and fly with F9 / X-Plane.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg