Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

LevelD 757 only for FS10

>OY,>>As others have said, the issue is not plainly FSX users vs FS9>users, but the simple truth that in fsx it is basically>impossible to have acceptable performance flying complex>airliners into complex airports with realistic traffic and>weather. Which is what the airliner enthusiasts like to do! So>that's why they have stuck with fs9, which they've already>furnished with tons of add on airports. Even a quad core and>an 8800 won't keep a satisfying (as opposed to "satisfactory",>like a C letter grade) frame rate in fsx under the above>conditions. >>On the other hand, airlinerxp and airsimmer appear to have>developed gauge programming which doesn't rely on GDI+, so>that might change the story somewhat, making fsx performance a>little more acceptable. But I wonder if Level D-and PMDG-are>now pursuing those same technologies. And regardless, I bet>that the enthusiasts would rather use such an opportunity to>crank the add on detail (again, many add ons already>purchased) in fs9 to obscene levels, while enjoying especially>smooth movement. >>Furthermore, in terms of visual realism, tons of custom>autogen and airport scenery, night lights, and tons of traffic>just beats 1m textures (assuming they are not blurry) and>shiny, or generally unrealistic, water. That opinion is made>certain to most enthusiasts because from an airliner>perspective you're either flying above 5,000 ft or>concentrating on your taxi, take off or approach, i.e. from or>to the dense add on airport. And there's mesh, much of it>free, for fs9. I would add that you can use those beautiful>ASX and FEX clouds in fs9 as well, if you export them in the>right format. > >Sooo, I can't understand Level D's decision at all. They are>ignoring the vast majority (at least a huge chunk if you're>not completely delusional) of airliner enthusiasts who>obviously prefer fs9, in which they have also invested lots of>money; plus the fsx 757 will not work in fs11, so what's the>point? Unless they plan to rely on the charity of their fans,>or the smaller number of new simmers interested in airliners>and exposed to the add on market; but therefore by now>probably aware of the benefits of fs9.>>It's really silly that there's even an argument about this,>because a quick look at any forum will tell you what's what. >This is the thing that gets me! It's the Generalization statements, that just aren't true! Check out my videos on youtube (Especially the ones with the CS-757, and LDS767) and then come back and tell me it's impossible to fly complex aircraft into busy airports with weather, and 100% traffic in FSX.http://youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>>This is the thing that gets me! It's the Generalization>statements, that just aren't true! Check out my videos on>youtube (Especially the ones with the CS-757, and LDS767) and>then come back and tell me it's impossible to fly complex>aircraft into busy airports with weather, and 100% traffic in>FSX.>>http://youtube.com/user/tf51d >I'm a bit skeptical here. What AI package are you using? I noticed you're using the CS 757 with a merged LDS 767 panel. Are you getting the full functionality of that panel with the CS 757 model? Would you mind posting a video of the LDS 767 with no modifications under the same conditions as your CS 757 videos? Are you using any video editing software to alter the playback speed of your videos?

>>>>>This is the thing that gets me! It's the Generalization>>statements, that just aren't true! Check out my videos on>>youtube (Especially the ones with the CS-757, and LDS767)>and>>then come back and tell me it's impossible to fly complex>>aircraft into busy airports with weather, and 100% traffic>in>>FSX.>>>>http://youtube.com/user/tf51d >>>>I'm a bit skeptical here. >>What AI package are you using? I noticed you're using the CS>757 with a merged LDS 767 panel. Are you getting the full>functionality of that panel with the CS 757 model? Would you>mind posting a video of the LDS 767 with no modifications>under the same conditions as your CS 757 videos? Are you>using any video editing software to alter the playback speed>of your videos? Yes, I get full functionality from the merge, although the vref numbers are a little off naturally. I do have a LDS767 video posted (actually a 3 part video) but if you would like another one I'm happy to ablige you. Last there are no editing tricks. I record with GameCam and save it with moviemaker. (To keep the size below Youtube's max 100MB)Edit: Oh and I use WOAI for my AI as well as a couple manually installed from here. Airlines I have full flightplans for are Aer Lingus, Air Wisconson, Alitalia, CanJet, Continental, EasyJet, Emirites, EOS, EVA, Jal, JALWays, JAL Express, Japan Air Commuter, JAL Cargo, Japan Asia, Japan Transocean, KLM, Qantas, Royal Air Moroc, Singapore, Thomsonfly, TSA, American, American Eagle, British Jet, Frontier Jet Express, NWA, NWA Cargo, UPS, Hapaq Lloyd Express, Spirit, American, KLM Cargo, RyanAir, AirTran, Arkefly, TUI, TED, Luftansa, Air India, GB Airways, Aor Nippon Cargo, British Mediterranean, Virgin Niagra, British Airways, FedEx, USA 3000, IcelandAir, SpanAir, Swiss, MaxJet, Delta, Midwest, Monarch, WestJet, SunWing, Hawaiian Air, Ethad Air, LTU, Starflyer Japan, Allegiant, Korean, Southwest, Iberia, Skybus, TUIfly, Air France, Air Finland, Air Italy, TUIfly Nordic, China Eastern, Royal Brunei, Big Sky, China Airlines, Virgin Blue, All Nippon, Aor Nippon, Thomas Cook Belgium, Aor India Express, Virgin America, Air Europa, Thomas Cook UK, Scandinavian Air, Condor, Condor Berlin, BMIBsby, Malaysia, Air New Zealand, Luftansa Regional partners, LAN, Qatar, Air Transat, Virgin Atlantic, Nationwide Air, DragonAir, Cathay Pacific, Mexicana, United, Ethiopian, JetBlue, Fiiair, Qantas Jet Connect, Southwest, United Express, NWA Airlink, Delta Connection, US Airways. There I think that's all of them!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

There's another possibility-Perhaps the 757 is being coded for FSX/XI !AR

Guest monsoon

I am not expert when it comes to economics but here is one i knowdevelop FS9 products = more salesdevelop FSX products = less sales I would like to see any dev dispute that. If the devs at HiFi can argue that then they must fall in the 1/3 category. Which means 2/3 devs would argue in my favor i guess. I have spent countless dollars on my computer and flight sim. If i took a photo of my rooms of all the boxes i kept from components, addons, etc you would fall over and die. And STILL i have not migrated to FSX. Like I said before here are my specs:QX96508800 UltraGa-x38-dq6 moboPatriot Extreme pc2-9600Many of you might wonder why I would not migrate with a system like that. Easy. FS9 runs flawlessly. Sure even I have heard that statement before. This time it is the real truth. EVERY slider maxxed (that is read EVERY slider). Visibility distances beyond what you would see with your real eye. EVERY addon you can think of that would try and bring my system to its knees. All this equals 60 FPS (locked at 60). FSX would still have stutters here and there and crummy fps. Sorry THAT is not enjoyable. It was stated why would someone wait a year to upgrade their system and buy FSX addons only to see FS11 come out 6 months later. And to Daryl I would just like to say IF the 757 was created for fs9 I guaratee your sales would at least double FSX sales. Because MOST FSX users still have FS9 running. THEY would buy 757 for their FS9. But people like me arent going to buy the 757. In my personal opinion you are depriving LDS of huge sales by the decision being made but hey it's not my decision and I guess I will have to respect yours.

Ahh no need to record another. Looks like I'll have to dump MyTraffic X because anything above 30% traffic at big airports brings my PC to it's knees in FSX. And my system specs are about yours with the exception of my processor being over clocked.

All I know is, I won't be switching to FSX at all, and and I will miss the 757 from Level-D. And no, I'm not buying some other 757, and I'd appreciate it if those of you who mention the other models would stop talking about them. It's actually pretty d*mn offensive to tell us FS9 users to use the CS 757, or any other out there right now.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

To monsoon: You're right, it's not your decision. Build your own 757 for FS9 and make money!Most of the responses to my follow-up are choosing to disregard the fact that Wade & Laurent are the principals of Level-D Simulations, and they have made a choice to move on from FS9.It's not personal - no offence intended to the end-users who choose to use FS9 - this is a decision made by two guys who want to concentrate their efforts on ONE PLATFORM. Whether you agree or not, whether you will purchase the 757 or not, is immaterial.Finally, this thread - which began because a user chose to take one of my posts from the Level-D forum to make a point (which I feel was inappropriate) - has veered off into "FS9 is better and let me tell you why" neverland.FS9 is still here, will continue to be here, just like FS5, 6, 7 & 8...To Orlaam: I never said to buy anything, I said there were two 757 products out there for FS9 already.The fact that users want a Level-D 757 for FS9 is flattering, and we appreciate that we are held in such high esteem, but the developers and the 757 have moved on. Time for you - and everyone else - to move on, too.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

>Ahh no need to record another. Looks like I'll have to dump>MyTraffic X because anything above 30% traffic at big airports>brings my PC to it's knees in FSX. And my system specs are>about yours with the exception of my processor being over>clocked. Too late! Already did one! Here it is if you still want to see.

(No Music)Looks like your system should be faster than mine! I would definitely try WOAI! I've always was sceptical about OC'ing, but Dell doesn't allow it in the BIOS anyway, so it's really a non starter for me. I know there is NTune, but I heard some bad things about it, so I'm hesitant to try it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Time for you - and>everyone else - to move on, too.>If you come up with a computer that will enable me to do this, i will.. till then, i would rather stay behind and play crysis at settings FSX cannot even imagine running on...Though you might have something correct there, I will move on, from your company. There is a very fine line between stating a business position and belittling people constantly. You seem to have obliterated it long ago. People take your posts off the ld forums because many of them are sacrastic in nature when it comes to the 2 issues (release date and system compatability) 99% of customers care about. I am not sure why you are surprised this thread ended up with your quotes all over it....

Again, take a quote and misconstrue it. Shape what someone posts and twist it.There is really no point in trying to answer questions in these forums. I have posted here because my name was used in the post when it shouldn't have been.Not sure how you come up with my quotes all over this thread, gyrate. I have posted 4 times in this thread to respond to posts made by other users and to explain the reason for the Level-D decision, just like I am posting a response to yours. It's called courtesy.I have belittled noone during my posts in this or any threads.Finally, release dates are rarely given... but (here's some sarcasm for you) you need't worry about that, you won't be buying anything from Level-D anyway, so release dates shouldn't matter.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Time for you - and>everyone else - to move on, too.Yes that was not too well put....my answer is a resounding No!I know a lot of developers end up having no time left to fly the sim.....and thereby lose what it's all about.I am not one of them ....my priority is to fly airliners. Consequently I have untold addon sceneries, AI etc etc and need great fps.....and 2D cockpits...and a PT-TU154...and a RFP 742 and an Aerosim L-10...and.. :-hah Can FSX match it? .... NoIs there enough in FS9 and coming in the future to keep me interested until FS11?Hel* yes! :-jumpyBon chance with your 757 and thankyou for your FS9 767 :)

Some time ago Daryl clearly elucidated just how LDS works. Basically a coupla guys working in their off hours. Despite that LDS is at the top of the addon airliner heap with few others (hence eons to produce the quality we know and love). Add to that we all know by now how vastly different FSX and fs9 are.That all tells me that those coupla guys are faced with a choice as to how to best apply their off-hours - fsx or fs9, not both. I can't say I blame them for striving toward the bleeding edge, lost profit or not. Daryl has said that money is not the object so that's that.And finally, I'm sure that if Laurent and Wade had chosen differently then Daryl would defend that decision just as firmly, so I'd cut him some slack. The man's just doing what he must ultimately do as LDS' headbanging front man - if you take issue with his vocals well...Sorry for sounding fanboyish but that's basically what it boils down to imho. It's hard to put the ubiquitous 757 out of mind, but I choose to focus on other very good short/med range airliners available (or will be) for fs9.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>Is there enough in FS9 and coming in the future to keep me>interested until FS11?>>Hel* yes! :-jumpy>I completely agree. We FS9 users have plenty of things to enjoy, apart from all the money we have spent in addons, and if we are wise we should all not consider FSX at all and wait until FS11 is out!Otherwise I'm sure we spend a lot of money now for FSX and then, after one year or two, we'll have to spend more money to upgrade the system to FS11 and to purchase the 757-767 that will be upgraded only for FS11...Move on? Yes, but using the head...

James Goggi

For the payware dev, I can see it is like cars -- if you were an addon maker and put together carb rejetting kits, or modified manifolds but then found out the manufacturers have gone to injection with ECUs. Do you still spend your time and effort working on carb jetting, or learn how to reprogram ECUs if you want to have a business in the future?scott s..