Sign in to follow this  
LP_Man

ILS & GPS Approach Creator

I've been using this neat little program by Martin Gleeson and it works great except for one thing.After you create the ILS approach and insstall the bgl file, there's nothing in the airports list of the airport ILS you modified. All there is is the airport ident. No airport name, city or state (or country). Is there a way to modify something to get that info to reappear?What i'm saying is that you can find the airport in the simulator airports list but the only thing that shows is the ident.

Guest Albatross7107

I'm guessing that you are adding ILS to an exsisting airport? But not making any changes to the airport it's self?When ILS&PGS Approach Creator makes an approach for you, it's XML code does not contain the other info, only the ident. That "blank" info is superceeding the original info when FS9 starts up.If I'm wrong and you've also used AFCAD to add the ILS to the airport (which as far as I know you must, or you won't get a Glide Slope or Localizer) - then I have no idea what's wrong.If you haven't used AFCAD, you might fix this by using it to make a "modified" airport, but don't change anything. This may cure the trouble.Lastly, if all else is well in the game, and these ideas don't work, then I'd find a copy of the BGLCOMP SDK and install it. Then look in the ILS&GPS Approach Creator folder for another folder called "XML". In there will be the XML file that ILS&GPS Approach Creator used to create the BGL. Open it in Notepad and you'll see the

Guest martin842

I am the author of the ILS and GPS Approach Creator utility. (Sorry I couldn

Guest Albatross7107

Hey, thanks for this program, it's really great - thanks too for leaving those XML files behind too, they helped me alot.(BTW mine is a new airport)Cheers to you! :beerchug:

Guest aficcardi

Thank you for a well done app! I am very new to trying to modify FS and your tool is very usefull.At my local airpot, KIGQ, they have replaced the old 18/36 grass field with a totally new 18/36 paved rwy in a different location. I used your tool and AFCAD to create the new runway/taxiway/ILS and it is fantastic, except. When I travel down the taxiway to access RWY 36 there is a house blocking the way!!1) I know this problem is not part of your great application.2) I am so new to all of this that I am confused with the proper SDK or third party tool that I should use.If you could just point me in the right direction to remove all of the houses/building that conflict with my new runway I'd appreciate it.Thanks, and please, keep up the great work.Al Ficcardi

Guest martin842

Hello Al, and thank you for your kind words.In order to get rid of the house, you need an