Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Cloud Textures

Anybody know the cause of the cloud problem in the upper left of the attached screenie? I have this all the time and can't understand why...System is a Dell XPS420 3GB SDRAM 8600GTS 256MB

Hi thereIt seems to me that the cause of your problem is your display settings.I have the same problem when I have my "display >> weather" settings to low. Try increassing the "cloud draw distance" and the "3d cloud percentage" settings. It may work.Cheers

Yes, I have messed with those and tested at all levels. The problem goes away if I set things to minimal but then it doesn't look very pretty. Now my sight distance maximum, cloud draw at 50 and 3D clouds at 50%. Cloud coverage density is at maximum. Everything looks realistic except for the halfie clouds here and there. Thanks for the reply.

Hi again Dolph, if you set the view and draw distance to the minimums and 3d clouds to 100%, this should go away.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall