Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Project Airbus flap position question

Hello AllCan somebody help explain the flap positions in the PA A buses.In most of my aircraft the flap positions are the usual p1=5 p2=10 p3=15 etc but in the PA airbuses when i extend my flaps position one seems to make no difference,but position 2 goes straight to fifteen.I now take my flap positions from IFDG airbuses(the usual 5-10 etc)and paste them into the PA aircraft,but i don't no if this is a good idea as there are four sections to the flap position section in the Project Airbus plane and only two in the IFDGs.PS does anybody agree with me that both the PA and IFDG Airbus 320s are buggers to get airborne?they seem so underpowered at takeoff and are very easily stalled.Are there perhaps some updated FDEs(think its FDEs i mean)for these aircraft?cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest 247

I agree with you in the fact they both feel very sluggish on climb out straight after take off. I stalled the ifdg which was fairly light climbing at 1k a min with a very low AOA.

Flap positions in the real (and payware aircraft) Are 1, 1+F, 2, 3, FULL. Rob

Rob Prest

Rob is correct but to add a bit more detail.Flap 1 is actually just slats. You only get this setting if you select Flap 1 in the air (on the ground you get Flap 1+F). This setting is used as you slow down and are positioning yourself on the approach. In real life it adds little drag and increases the engines from flight idle to approach idle (higher). If you're high this setting won't help.Flap 1+F is a takeoff flap setting. It gives you slats (like Flap 1) plus a bit of flap.Flap 2 is a takeoff flap setting. It's also quite a good setting to add drag in the approach. 180Kts Flap 2 gives you a good rate of descent (if you find yourself high) while buying you a good margin above Vls so speedbrake can be used safely.Flap 3 is a takeoff and landing setting.Flap Full is a landing setting.The actual amount of flap/slat you get with each setting depends on the variant (318/19/20/21) and I won't pretend to know (or care a great deal).Hope this helps,Ian

>Rob is correct but to add a bit more detail.>>Flap 1 is actually just slats. You only get this setting if>you select Flap 1 in the air (on the ground you get Flap 1+F).>This setting is used as you slow down and are positioning>yourself on the approach. In real life it adds little drag and>increases the engines from flight idle to approach idle>(higher). If you're high this setting won't help.>>Flap 1+F is a takeoff flap setting. It gives you slats (like>Flap 1) plus a bit of flap.>>Flap 2 is a takeoff flap setting. It's also quite a good>setting to add drag in the approach. 180Kts Flap 2 gives you a>good rate of descent (if you find yourself high) while buying>you a good margin above Vls so speedbrake can be used safely.>>Flap 3 is a takeoff and landing setting.>>Flap Full is a landing setting.>>The actual amount of flap/slat you get with each setting>depends on the variant (318/19/20/21) and I won't pretend to>know (or care a great deal).>>Hope this helps,>>Ian>Thanks Ian very well explained.I have had those settings 1 1+f using earlier versions of Ken Mitchel's panel although it seems that it is the Aircraft CFG that sets the positions of the flaps,and it must have been IFDG Airbuses not Project Airbus.I still wonder why PA aircraft seem to go 0 and then 15degreesThanks againcheers Andy

>I agree with you in the fact they both feel very sluggish on>climb out straight after take off. I stalled the ifdg which>was fairly light climbing at 1k a min with a very low AOA. Thats it exactly ,has to be coaxed very gently into the air .If i use any of the airbus 320s for a flight i always save the flight at the clearance point just in case.Its bloody frustrating when you have spent ages setting up your flight, creating flight plans,setting up loggers,downloading weather for Activesky etc only to stall the aircraft and crash.PS Most Boeing's i use are the complete opposite,they all want to be space shuttles and before you know it you are doing three hundred plus knots below ten thousand and you have to point the nose at the heavens in an effort to slow down.cheers Andy

When the flap lever is in position 0 and moved to position 1, if airspeed is above 100 kts condition 1 is set. If airspeed is less or equal 100 kts, condition 1+F is set. When condition 1+F is set, flaps retract automatically at 210 kts. The 210 limit is also used when moving lever from flaps 2 to flaps 1 to determine if condition 1 or 1+F is set.In config 1 (1+F) slats are 18 deg and flaps 10 deg on the A320.scott s..

Guest dths30

The flaps behaviour is inconsistent between different panels. This is not an issue with our FDE.