Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullstoplanding

Deliberately crashing the aircraft!

Guest fullstoplanding

Gals, please don't cyberspacely beat me up too much. I've had 3-females, two granddaughters, age 13 and 22 (the 2 and a half-year old doesn't count, she just goes wild) and a friend, low 40s sit down and fly the sim, usually the J-3 Cub or the Cessna 172. I get the aircraft trimmed-up nicely, fly with the CH yoke and auto-rudder checked. Now, they fly for about a minute and then ask--BAM-- How do I make it crash? Good grief! Now, the only other person to fly has been my brother-in-law with not the same reaction. What gives?Deep stuff?.--Roger

No different than my 6 yr old who on occasion while driving Nascar 2003 at Daytona will head straight for the wall at 200 mph.Just to see what happens.BTW, he does the same thing in FS9.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Every single person who I have shown my lovely sim to (with the full yoke,pedals,throttles etc) has asked how to crash the aircraft! :-eek....and the look of disbelief in their faces when I say I never crash nor wish to....or do they mean crash to desktop? :-hahNow I do not show my sim to anyone anymore. :)

Hehe, I get the same thing guys. "Lets crash it!" they say.Then they do and I say "anyone can do that, not just anyone can land in a snow storm at Midway. Want to try?". They always say "BORING".....Also they say (always), wow the crash graphics stink! And I always come back with "It's a FLIGHT simulator, not a plane crash simulator".....

Didn't know what to expect with this topic - nice surprise! My 4 yrd old grandson is infatuated with the hatswitch - nothing else - loves to spin the view around to the point he gets dizzy and almost falls off the chair. I guess he's training his gyro ......crashing will be next, I'm sure.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest Jeffhew

Really boggles the mind. I mean, I just don't see the appeal. Makes me wonder sometimes how we've managed to evolve this far!Regards,Jeff

Guess thats why shoot 'em ups are so popular, and why fs has more 'game' aspects now.We who just love the magic of aviation, who just 'get it' are a separate breed, only a few per thousand births :)regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Hello AllIt's something I really don't understand...It happens every single time. People are initially very enthusiastic about aircraft simulation but after a moment when things get boring for them (I mean adults not children) there it goes: "Let's crash it", "Try to hit that bridge", "Let's ditch it in some water" or something similar.I suppose people just want to see what happens when an aircraft crashes. I always try to explain that nothing spectacular like an explosion will occur. Useless though.Very few of my friends have actually tried to fly, land or take off in a correct way. I have observed a slight attitude to roll violently and crash upside down immediatly after take off.I occasionnally try to explain that crashing is sensless, especially after meticulous flight planing and preparation. (Not to mention CTD's which have a nasty habit of occuring when you're most excited...)From time to time I ask "How would you feel if you were inside that plane seconds away from getting vaporised?" I know it's a stupid question but it does get a laugh from time to time or a stare that means I've lost it.Amusing subject Roger, thanks for bringing it upRegards OnurLTBA

Yet.... anyone been to the 3 story arcade at Disney World Downtown? There's a great 737 sim complete with yoke, pedals, throttle, flap and gear switches. There's usually a wait to fly it, while being surrounded by FPS's everywhere else; and the kids actually try to land. I don't know why it gets a different reaction than in our homes. I was flying it for awhile while my kids were doing their thing. Greased a few and did some T&G's when I looked around and noticed I had about 6 people watching me intently. One woman finally broke the silence and asked what airline I flew for :D Mike

One>woman finally broke the silence and asked what airline I flew>for :D Was she pretty....or a crash test dummy? :-lolGreat story! :)

Guest jonthedoors

I feel as though it's a great way to stop people crashing.

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------One woman finally broke the silence and asked what airline I flew for -----------------------------------------Ahahaa brilliant! :)

I know, I need to lighten up a little here, but as I sat here reading the posts in this thread I became pretty aggravated as I recounted all the times that people have sat down at the PC, or more recently in my full size Learjet 45 simulator, and ask this question (Let's crash it!/Have you ever crashed?/What happens when you crash?/Do I really sound like an idiot when I want to crash it? [j/k])Folks get so easily bored these days. I agree, there are very few people out there that really have an interest to sit down and do things properly.On another note, I cant tell you how many times Ive had a REAL world pilot sit down and want to do rolls and fly inverted and all sorts of aerobatic stuff. This aggravates me too, but at least I can understand their desire to do this to a degree- they have to fly by the numbers and do it with safety always first and so they get a chance go crazy in a sim and blow off flying 'properly'. Rant over-

>Full Size Learjet 45 Flight Simulator>KAYSHas got me drooling now......Eric, you have any pics? I've been contemplating a home cockpit based on the Lear 45 or Citation X.Regards, Kendall #1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

>>Full Size Learjet 45 Flight Simulator>>KAYS>>Has got me drooling now......Eric, you have any pics? I've>been contemplating a home cockpit based on the Lear 45 or>Citation X.>>>Regards, Kendall >#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 > Gigabyte P35-DS3L > 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 > Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2> Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's> CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle > Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 >>#2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T.> 3GB PC4200 > Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sHi KendallThe website for my project is at www.flightlevel180.org . Have a look around! Tons of pictures there, but the new panels are not quite here yet so you wont see the sim rebuilt with them for a month or so.Thanks,