Sign in to follow this  
Shayne

Antigua VC Bird Intl not in FS

Hi everyone, I will be going to Antigua end of this month and wanted to fly my leg from San Juan to Vc Bird Intl so I downloaded the scenery here at Avsim and added it but I can't find it in the Scenery lookup area. I have tried everything from the Caribbean to St-Johns to the air port code of ANU and it seems there is no Caribbean in my flight sim, any thoughts on this baffeling mystery would be great. Strangely enough I also looked in FSX and found no Antigua or VC Bird Intl.Thanks in advance.Shayne

I just looked in my Go To Airport menu and find TAPA (St. Johns) V C Bird Aiport listed under Antigua and Barbuda as the Country name.That of course was looking at the default FS airports.Were you looking under the wrong country perhaps?If you still are not finding it after installing your scenery for the area, try locating the Afcad which the author most likely provided and open it with the Afcad program by Lee Swordy. Look under the airport's properties and see how the airport is listed - i.e. what country etc.That should point you in the right direction.

Thanks I will try that, one strange thing is I flew there putting in ANU in the default GPS sent me there and there was the scenery. Strange but what can we say.Thanks Again.Shayne

Hi,FS's Go To Airport command does not use the 3 letter IATA airport codes, it uses the 4 letter ICAO codes. Thus TAPA instead of ANU. The GPS can use both, it appears.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

ANU is the code for the VOR (and an NDB) located on the island of Antigua near the airport. (I lived about two miles from that airport from Feb 79 to Oct 82 - was great most of the time).That NAVAID is what the GPS found, one of those, and that is why the GPS took you close to the correct airport.But - stick with the four letter ICAO codes - there are a lot of places that will not work.DAL will take you to Turkey or SyriaLHR will take you to Papua New Guinea, Germany or Australia