Sign in to follow this  
midcon385

9Dragons Texture Problem

Hi,I have installed 9Dragons v2, and I am missing textures on several airport buildings, on the airport grounds themselves. I cannot figure it out, as all files are copied and installed correctly, and according to the folders, the files that were needed to be copied over from FS9 default are there. I've been in touch with Clutch Cargo and he can't figure it out either. I have no clue...but hope I can figure it out!Tim

Guest 28right

I only installed V1 but I remember that I had to remove a letter or a number from the file titles, which was spelled out in the installation instructions.Don't know if this is related to the V2 problem you are having or not.

I reported this problem the day after the release of V1 but I did not get any replies. It appears that some fs9 building textures are missing. Hope someone can help.

>I reported this problem the day after the release of V1 but I>did not get any replies. It appears that some fs9 building>textures are missing. Hope someone can help.I've had this problem since v1 too, but for me it's especially weird as I do have the FS9 building textures that are required, and they are working in the default scenery they come from, as far as I can tell. However, in the 9Dragons scenery, they are not working, despite being there in the folder. I've checked the files with DXTBmp and the bitmaps are accessible (i.e. not corrupted, as far as I can tell)...Tim

I came across this thread here at AVSIM which could be a clue to your issue. Simmer was not seeing the bus texture which is also a FS9 default texture. He made sure the texture was correctly in the folder but it still was not showing. Here is what he did:"I checked and saw that the textures were in the Vehicles directory, but for some reason they didn't show up. I converted them to DXT3, restarted and tada ..... there were the busses.So maybe you can try that with one of the textures (use a copy... not the original for testing). If you know how to convert a file to DXT3 using DXTbmp or another applet you could see if that might solve your dilemma.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit