Sign in to follow this  
kiki

Aerosoft DHC-6

Aerosoft has released DHC-6 but it seems to be just for FSX. Are we FS9-folks facing it now; no new airplanes for FS9 anymore... I would like to have that but wont switch for FSX, not even for that airplane.

Hi,Not to worry,...FS9 addons will even overlive FSX addons. Many developers have come to the conclusion that FS9 still has more customers than FSX,..and will so have for a long time. ;-)BTW, there are a couple of DHC-6 around for FS9 already, Lago and AeroSim. :-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Maybe the GA developers are not so keen but even they have not exploited FS9's full capabilities....possibly because they do not know how.....in fact two freeware GA craft come to mind as groundbreakers a certain Cessna 152 with a fantastic vibrating cockpit and I think it was a Yak 18T that one had to fly with care or it failed on you!The best DHC-6 for FS9 right now is the Aerosim model and is far more accurate than the Lago model

Premier Aircraft Design also has a good freeware model of the DHC-6 both for FS9 and FSX.

Actually, on the Aerosoft forum, Mathijs has stated that FSX products are out selling their FS9 products by a wide margin, and that FS9 sales have tapered off very quickly of late. Seems all of their future products will be for FSX only.http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=15839

Personally I take what Mathijs Kok says with a pinch of salt.He loves to quote that the shops do not buy boxed FS9 products....well duh huh of course they don't!. Because they know nothing of and care nothing of the FS community.It all smacks of payware developers trying to coerce us into going FSX.I am quite sure there would be a lot of interest in a new Aerosoft Twotter for FS9.I will continue to buy FS9 products but I have to admit developers who make FSX only products do put me off them. :)

So, you think he is in the business of making less money than he could?

>That's me off your Christmas card list then ;-)Absolutely not!I'm sure Aerosoft, Dreamfleet, LVLD etc are doing what they think is best for their business. And they are probably right.I am not in the payware business....thankfully.I am just a flightsimmer who is passionate about flightsimming...and probably a terrible businessman! :)

I'm on the fence on this one. I know alot of "gamers" use FS as a game, but I was always under the assumption that the hard core users were the ones buying add-on stuff (not the "gamer" type flight simmer).I wonder if "gamers" are buying the FSX add-on's?The biggest problem for me with FSX is performance. It runs decent on my rig with a G/A plane. But at a major airport with a complexe airliner it just chugs along. Forget about adding AI into the mix (have not even tried it).That kills it for me, even after my $$$ upgrade.I still can't get over the brown textures either.On a good note I do love the FSX missions and the flight dynamics seem much better in the G/A planes in FSX (the AOPA 177 is amazing, awesome to practice stalls and spins in for example, something FS9 was never very good at).