Sign in to follow this  
Guest redp51

FS2004 & The World of AI

Guest redp51

I have been to the World of AI (WOAI), website but can't quite get a handle on how it works.Does WOAI populate WOAI airports with stationary WOAI aircraft in their various liveries - or is it more complex than that?Are their FR impacts on FS2004 if WOAI is loaded??Thank youRP

As A newbie, are you in for a Surprise. WOAI and similar addons place actual real scheduled airlines at airports and they fly their scheduled routes. A whole new world!Bill

It will install AI aircraft , in correct real world liveries, together with flight plans. At the departure time you will see these a/c taxi from gates to the runways and take off to their destinations.Much more fun than static aircraft.There is a frame rate hit, but only if you have a great deal of aircraft. You can lessen this by lowering your traffic slider in FSPeter

Peter Schluter

Guest redp51

>It will install AI aircraft , in correct real world liveries,>together with flight plans. At the departure time you will see>these a/c taxi from gates to the runways and take off to their>destinations.>>Much more fun than static aircraft.>>There is a frame rate hit, but only if you have a great deal>of aircraft. You can lessen this by lowering your traffic>slider in FS>>PeterokThanks Old Bill & Peter.Much more to it than I envisaged & more interesting.To keep the 'Fleet' size manageable, can you download say all of Northwest Airlines then cherry pick delete/thin them out?I notice I need to download Microsoft.Net2Does this load itself where it needs to go or do you have to manhandle it into place??Thank you for assistance.RP

Guest redp51

I am not quite sure how the strike line got over the text. Please read with 'struck out' txtRP

>As A newbie, are you in for a Surprise. WOAI and similar>addons place actual real scheduled airlines at airports and>they fly their scheduled routes. A whole new world!Question for users of WOAI with FS9. Once I install the WOAI installer and the individual airliner packages, how do I remove FS9's generic default AI?Thank you in advance,Kerke

MS Net 2 is a free download that will just install itself where it needs to go once you hit the install button. It's so easy even a computer duffer like me can install it no probs :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Kerke: To remove default AI:Go to X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorldscenerythe X: is C: on my computer - then find this file called traffic030528.bgl.All u need to do is rename it - renamed mine to : traffic030528.bgl.ORIG and FS9 will ignore it.

I love world of AI. Slowly but surely I am illiminating Ultimate Traffick with WOAI. I am not sure if it was Evilve AI or which model but I saw an A4340-500 landing in Zurich and I saw the reversers and spolers deploy as it touched down. It was awesome to see. I just wish they would get a US Air package out. Although WOAI free so I am not going to complain loudly:+

Guest redp51

>I love world of AI. Slowly but surely I am illiminating>Ultimate Traffick with WOAI. I am not sure if it was Evilve AI>or which model but I saw an A4340-500 landing in Zurich and I>saw the reversers and spolers deploy as it touched down. It>was awesome to see. I just wish they would get a US Air>package out. Although WOAI free so I am not going to complain>loudly:+As regards watching the AI tarmac movements, takeoffs/ Landings - I have tried to find a view where I can take it all in from outside of an aircraft - & don't have to be sitting in a cockpit parked off the side of the runway p;laying the keyboard, but haven't nailed it yet.Anyone know the key strokes to be able to take either an overhead birds eye view of all the airport/AI action, or able to change the perspective from say the Tower view? Or some other perspective?ThanksRP

>Kerke: To remove default AI:>Go to X:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator>9SceneryWorldscenery>the X: is C: on my computer - then find this file called>traffic030528.bgl.>All u need to do is rename it - renamed mine to :>traffic030528.bgl.ORIG and FS9 will ignore it.Thank you bursco. Now, if I remove the default traffic and install WOAI, will I see much GA traffic? WOAI seems to only have 4 or 5 GA planes.Kerke

Guest redp51

>Traffic View Board is a great program to view AI aircraft.>You "attach" to a selected aircraft, and follow it.>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search>Went & downloaded & installed per instruction as an Aircraft, but when I open FS2004 & select 'Most Realistic AI' etc & end up in the sitting at the end of the tarmac view i get a fawn blank TVB console & no buttons showing on it at all. So I can't power it up.Are there any subtleties in the unzipping/ placement of files? I note there are Gauge & Module folders - where should they go?Thank youRP

Guest redp51

>>Traffic View Board is a great program to view AI aircraft.>>You "attach" to a selected aircraft, and follow it.>>http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search>>>>Went & downloaded & installed per instruction as an Aircraft,>but when I open FS2004 & select 'Most Realistic AI' etc & end>up in the sitting at the end of the tarmac view i get a fawn>blank TVB console & no buttons showing on it at all. >So I can't power it up.>Are there any subtleties in the unzipping/ placement of files?>>I note there are Gauge & Module folders - where should they>go?>Thank you>RPFurther to my Post above, sorted out the problem. One of sources for TVB file said load it into 'Aircraft' Folder of FS9. This I did with above result. From another source I picked up in fact need to unzip into FS9, not the FS9/Aircraft folder. That fixed it. Must say its quite fascinating following AI aircraft around - learn quite a bit about flight paths, climb out rates etc. One thing I noticed is that the FS9 Shift Z display top right of screen for Long/Lat & Hdg & Wind seems to work during a tracked AI flight, but Airspeed is showing zero in flight. Should airspeed be registering??ThanksRP

Guest 4deucer

Redp51: I can do the same thing as you described TVB doing just by pressing Ctrl+W while sitting in a plane. I get the speed read-out at top of screen along with all the other data Ctrl+Z normally shows as well.Most of the time I do this from the cockpit view of the plane I'm flying, but it can be done from any view.As I recall, Ctrl+W retains the aircraft you're in as full screen with the ai aircraft showing as an overlay in the upper left quadrant of your screen, but you can change this to full screen for the ai aircraft. Also, you can view the ai aircraft you're following just as if you were flying it, including using your joystick or yoke POV button. The only thing, if you click (or press S) to cycle views, you will be taken back to your orig. aircraft.The nearest ai aircraft shows up first, then you cycle thru all the other nearest ai traffic by holding down the Ctrl key and tapping W for each new plane. If your plane comes up in the view, then you've cycled thru all of ai in the immediate vicinity of your plane. You can cycle backwards by pressing Ctrl+Shift+W.If you want to stop watching ai, just press the right bracket button ] (lower case on your keyboard) and you'll come back to your aircraft.Ctrl+W small screen quadrant view is also useful for watching the performance of the aircraft you're flying, allowing you to see the effects of control surfaces, throttles, etc., while you work the cockpit.Hope this helps.4D