Sign in to follow this  
Noel

What was the other TEXTURE_MULT yada yada??

Some time ago another texture tweak was mentioned in the forums. It is not a default one in fs9.cfg. I was using it then lost the fs9.cfg backup, and will be danged if I can't remember what the sucker was! Any ideas?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Jeffhew

Hey Noel,You mean this?TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=xxTextureMaxLoad=xxRegards,Jeff

>Hey Noel,>>You mean this?>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=xx>TextureMaxLoad=xx>>Regards,>JeffThanks Jeff, yes I think it was TextureMaxLoad=xx. Any recommendations for this one?QX9650 @ 4.0GHz/1.285 vCore / 8GB PC-800 Mushkin (cheap!) / evga 8800GT @ 660Mhz / 2xSATA 2 drives /

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 at the most.If it doesn't help - try knocking it down to 7 or 8 but 10 should be ok.Your TEXTURE_BANDWITH_MULT should be somewhere between 200 and 400 for the video card you have listed there.Change this value in increments of 50 and once you start seeing poorer results then the last - take/add 50 off/on and set it there.Paul.

Thanks Paul I will play with those entries.QX9650 @ 4.0GHz/1.285 vCore / 8GB PC-800 Mushkin (cheap!) / evga 8800GT @ 660Mhz / 2xSATA 2 drives /

Noel

Not sure man - I've only heard that this value can only go to 10 so I leave mine at 10.Thanks.Paul.

Guest Jeffhew

>>Hey Noel,>>>>You mean this?>>TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=xx>>TextureMaxLoad=xx>>>>Regards,>>Jeff>>Thanks Jeff, yes I think it was TextureMaxLoad=xx. Any>recommendations for this one?>>QX9650 @ 4.0GHz/1.285 vCore / 8GB PC-800 Mushkin (cheap!) />evga 8800GT @ 660Mhz / 2xSATA 2 drives /

Jeff I think you're on to something for sure. With regard to keeping the number divisible by 10--I wonder if maybe it has more to do with keeping a certain relationship between all three of the variables you note. I will play around with your suggestions--thanks! I think as I believe you are saying, one needs to adjust all 3 to optimize, or unify, a particular system. For frames lock: this rig is very potent and has no problem locking frames with PMDG 747 at 60fps. In the most scenery intense areas with heavy clouds she will come down to 52 or 53. It may be that the absolute numbers for these three settings will be signficantly higher, but their relationship will be quite similar, if it scales linearly. With this in mind, if you are using a P4, then I will start with 3x your texture max load and apply the same proportional relationship to the other 3 variables, and report back. I am actually running at 3.5Ghz now, which is exactly 3x more thruput versus my old P4 at 3.5Ghz.QX9650 @ 4.0GHz/1.285 vCore / 8GB PC-800 Mushkin (cheap!) / evga 8800GT @ 660Mhz / 2xSATA 2 drives /

Noel

Jeff:I must admit I tried your settings and to my surprise I have excellent results. I'm using 24, 20, 16 respectively for the entries in the FS9.CFG you mentioned.My machine - Gateway P4 2.4 Ghz with 512 mb nvidia 7600 GS vid card - 3.5 GB memory (4 GB on Win Xp SP2 32 bit operating system) and LG 20.1 " flat screen monitor.I will contine testing and let you guys know if my results continue.Around what frame rate limit would you suggest NOT going over using these new settings?Thanks.Paul.