Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

CLS DC10 and A300 ROCKS!

Guest william273

i just want to put a plug in here for CLS.after getting a new machine and the CLS DC10 / A300 i had a coupleproblems but everything is working fine now. these are two great aircraft with readable VCs and fly silkysmooth. not to simple and not to complex and a few steps up from the defaults. as jackie gleason used to say: how sweet it is! the support at CLS is extremely good which everyone should know. thanks CLS! william

Guest Nealoc187

>> i just want to put a plug in here for CLS.>>after getting a new machine and the CLS DC10 / A300 i had a>couple>>problems but everything is working fine now.>> these are two great aircraft with readable VCs and fly silky>>smooth. not to simple and not to complex and a few steps up>from the >>defaults. as jackie gleason used to say: how sweet it is!>> the support at CLS is extremely good which everyone should>know. >>thanks CLS!> williamI was just searching for customer impressions of the CLS DC10 when I noticed a new post about it.Question: do you have the INS expansion pack? If so, how does the CLS DC10 w/ INS expansion compare to the likes of the Level D 767 and PMDG 747, F1 ATR72. I have always loved the DC10, a more interesting aircraft to me than the 767 an 747, but I don't want a simulation that is too simple.

Guest william273

i don't have the INS yet. i had installation problems on my end but are resolved now. i don't have any of the aircraft you mention but from what i hear it's not as complex a sim as those. how complex is it? well on the front panel everything works, all buttons and switches so there are no dummy switches. it has a FMC but not as complex as the ones you're probably used to. the flight plan will show up in it and you can use the buttons on it to move around to different pages like waypoints,flight status, fuel page and other things. time to way points etc. i haven't used it yet but i am reading and re reading the manual. the flight tutorial is 82 pages. you also get an operations manual and a panel manual plus other things like they have included some 5 or more extra flight plans to various places in different weather conditions. the tutorial flight is a 2 hour flight from long beach to boeing field in washington. as far as i'm concerned CLS covered it all with this one. just because a sim doesn't have a FMC or partial one doesn't mean it's no good. it might not be what you're looking for if you're looking for a complete FMC but what does do it does well. there are many liveries and different models of the DC10 in this package and are beautiful. the engine sounds are AWESOME! personally i think you'd like this sim and to me it's not watered down at all. i don't think there's anything to dislike about it. the virtual cockpit is totally flyable, readable and beautiful. hope this helps. william

Guest ThrottleUp

Allright you guys have convinced me, Im off to get my wallet :(

Guest william273

good decision, lol. if you get it tonight...plan on staying up late. william