Sign in to follow this  
CaptKornDog

9Dragons Missing Texture (another thread/dumb question)

I just installed the Kai Tak scenery last night and am absolutely astonished by it. It is fantastic.Flew my first 747 flight into it today, just landed EDDF-VHHX, when I noticed two buildings with missing textures. I've compared the logfile.txts suggested in the manual and they match exactly.Can someone direct me to where I could find textures for these buildings:vhhxbj0.jpgOnce I get this tweaked, VHHX will be absolutely perfect.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

That is the purpose of the logfile. To compare what was copied over and what was not. Look at both .txt files in the backup folder. Scan down both lists. The logfile list what was copied over. The other list is everything that Should be copied over and it gives the full path where to find those missing textures.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>That is the purpose of the logfile. To compare what was>copied over and what was not. Look at both .txt files in the>backup folder. Scan down both lists. The logfile list what>was copied over. The other list is everything that Should be>copied over and it gives the full path where to find those>missing textures.Both lists match exactly, file for file, though. Is that right?

Same problem with V1.Have reported it before but still no joy.Somebody suggested to convert these texture to dx3 but which are they and how to do it?

Here's a comparison of my 2 log files, in case someone has a better eye than me:SceneryEurwtextureAMS_Cargo.bmpSceneryEurwtextureAMS_Cargo_LM.bmpSeneryEurwtextureAMS_Office1.bmpSceneryEurwtextureAMS_Office1_LM.bmpSceneryEurwtextureAMS_Office2.bmpSceneryEurwtextureAMS_Office2_LM.bmpSceneryEurwtextureAMS_Termstuff.bmpSceneryEurwtextureAMS_Termstuff_LM.bmpSceneryNamwtextureancab.bmpSceneryNamwtextureancab_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureancac.bmpSceneryNamwtextureancac_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureancad.bmpSceneryNamwtextureancad_lm.bmpSceneryNamctextureatld.bmpSceneryNamctextureatld_lm.bmpSceneryNamctextureatle.bmpSceneryNamctextureatle_lm.bmpSceneryNamctextureatlf.bmpSceneryNamctextureatlf_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureCDG_ABCD_AIRF.bmpSceneryEurWtextureCDG_ABCD_AIRF_LM.bmpSceneryEurWtextureCDG_Building14_5.bmpSceneryEurWtextureCDG_Building14_5_LM.bmpSceneryEurWtextureCDG_towers_Shateton.bmpSceneryEurWtextureCDG_towers_Shateton_LM.bmpSceneryNamctexturechica.bmpSceneryNamctexturechica_lm.bmpSceneryNamctexturechicb.bmpSceneryNamctexturechicb_lm.bmpSceneryNamctexturechicd.bmpSceneryNamctexturechicd_lm.bmpSceneryNamctextureDFW_North.bmpSceneryNamctextureDFW_North_LM.bmpSceneryEurWtextureelf_sm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureelf_sm_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtexturege02a.bmpSceneryEurWtexturege02a_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheatb.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheatb_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheatc.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheatc_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheatd.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheatd_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheate.bmpSceneryEurWtextureheate_lm.bmpSceneryNametextureJFK_Cargo2.bmpSceneryNametextureJFK_Cargo2_LM.bmpSceneryNametextureJFK_Hangers.bmpSceneryNametextureJFK_Hangers_LM.bmpSceneryEurWtextureLDM_berlin_hotelstadt.bmpSceneryEurWtextureLDM_berlin_hotelstadt_lm.bmpSceneryEurWtextureLDM_berlin_palastrepublic.bmpSceneryEurWtextureLDM_berlin_palastrepublic_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureLDM_sf_presidio3.bmpSceneryNamwtextureLDM_sf_presidio3_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_akibahahara_main.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_akibahahara_main_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_akibahara_roofs.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_akibahara_roofs_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_akibahara_wires.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_akibahara_wires_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_odakyusoutherntower.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_odakyusoutherntower_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_main.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_main_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_roof.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_roof_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_shinagawaintercity1.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_shinagawaintercity1_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_takashima.bmp %TOPATH%SceneryAsiatextureLDM_tokyo_takashima_lm.bmpSceneryNametextureMIA_Tower_Jetway_Light.bmpSceneryNametextureMIA_Tower_Jetway_Light_LM.bmpSceneryEurWtextureMondrian_tower.bmpSceneryEurWtextureMondrian_tower_lm.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_Fire_transparency2.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_Fire_transparency2_LM.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_hangers.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_hangers_LM.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_Office.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_Office_LM.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_Terminal2b.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_Terminal2b_LM.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_tower_hotel.bmpSceneryAsiatextureNAR_tower_hotel_LM.bmpSceneryNamctexturePHX_NWBuildings.bmpSceneryNamctexturePHX_NWBuildings_LM.bmpSceneryEurwtextureRembrandt_tower.bmpSceneryEurwtextureRembrandt_tower_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapa.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapa_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapb.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapb_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapc.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapc_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapd.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseapd_lm.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseape.bmpSceneryNamwtextureseape_lm.bmp****************************AMS_Cargo.bmpAMS_Cargo_LM.bmpAMS_Office1.bmpAMS_Office1_LM.bmpAMS_Office2.bmpAMS_Office2_LM.bmpAMS_Termstuff.bmpAMS_Termstuff_LM.bmpancab.bmpancab_lm.bmpancac.bmpancac_lm.bmpancad.bmpancad_lm.bmpatld.bmpatld_lm.bmpatle.bmpatle_lm.bmpatlf.bmpatlf_lm.bmpCDG_ABCD_AIRF.bmpCDG_ABCD_AIRF_LM.bmpCDG_Building14_5.bmpCDG_Building14_5_LM.bmpCDG_towers_Shateton.bmpCDG_towers_Shateton_LM.bmpchica.bmpchica_lm.bmpchicb.bmpchicb_lm.bmpchicd.bmpchicd_lm.bmpDFW_North.bmpDFW_North_LM.bmpelf_sm.bmpelf_sm_lm.bmpge02a.bmpge02a_lm.bmpheatb.bmpheatb_lm.bmpheatc.bmpheatc_lm.bmpheatd.bmpheatd_lm.bmpheate.bmpheate_lm.bmpJFK_Cargo2.bmpJFK_Cargo2_LM.bmpJFK_Hangers.bmpJFK_Hangers_LM.bmpLDM_berlin_hotelstadt.bmpLDM_berlin_hotelstadt_lm.bmpLDM_berlin_palastrepublic.bmpLDM_berlin_palastrepublic_lm.bmpLDM_sf_presidio3.bmpLDM_sf_presidio3_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_akibahahara_main.bmpLDM_tokyo_akibahahara_main_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_akibahara_roofs.bmpLDM_tokyo_akibahara_roofs_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_akibahara_wires.bmpLDM_tokyo_akibahara_wires_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_odakyusoutherntower.bmpLDM_tokyo_odakyusoutherntower_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_main.bmpLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_main_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_roof.bmpLDM_tokyo_seirokagarden_roof_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_shinagawaintercity1.bmpLDM_tokyo_shinagawaintercity1_lm.bmpLDM_tokyo_takashima.bmpLDM_tokyo_takashima_lm.bmpMIA_Tower_Jetway_Light.bmpMIA_Tower_Jetway_Light_LM.bmpMondrian_tower.bmpMondrian_tower_lm.bmpNAR_Fire_transparency2.bmpNAR_Fire_transparency2_LM.bmpNAR_hangers.bmpNAR_hangers_LM.bmpNAR_Office.bmpNAR_Office_LM.bmpNAR_Terminal2b.bmpNAR_Terminal2b_LM.bmpNAR_tower_hotel.bmpNAR_tower_hotel_LM.bmpPHX_NWBuildings.bmpPHX_NWBuildings_LM.bmpRembrandt_tower.bmpRembrandt_tower_lm.bmpseapa.bmpseapa_lm.bmpseapb.bmpseapb_lm.bmpseapc.bmpseapc_lm.bmpseapd.bmpseapd_lm.bmpseape.bmpseape_lm.bmp

Why can't we get this sorted? It's a shame to spoil such a superb add on fo such a small detail.Is everybody else just ignoring this or is there a specific problem with individual systems. I am certain that I and others have installed correctly but we cannot get an answer.

I had this problem with Aerosoft's LHBP. It has something to do with the way DirectX is rendering DX1 textures. At LHBP the ground service stuff was all missing textures. It seemed to happen once I switched video drivers.I never did find a solution and was due for a format and now it's gone.Aerosoft post:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=14983

As I have these 2 buildings with textures I could identify with DXTbmp which these textures are:For the left building the textures are seapd.bmp and seapd_lm.bmpfor the right building the textures are DFW_North.bmp and DFW_North_LM.bmp.I see that these textures are in your logfile, but check if they are really in the texture-folder of your main 9Dragon folder. If yes you may try to copy them in the FS9 main texture-folder and see if it works.If it still does not work maybe you should try the issue with DXT3. This can be done with the DXTbpm Program (get it here: http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm)Peter

>As I have these 2 buildings with textures I could identify>with DXTbmp which these textures are:>For the left building the textures are seapd.bmp and>seapd_lm.bmp>for the right building the textures are DFW_North.bmp and>DFW_North_LM.bmp.>>I see that these textures are in your logfile, but check if>they are really in the texture-folder of your main 9Dragon>folder. If yes you may try to copy them in the FS9 main>texture-folder and see if it works.>>If it still does not work maybe you should try the issue with>DXT3. This can be done with the DXTbpm Program (get it here:>http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm)>>Peter>I have the same issue, with a few more buildings though. They are all in the texture folder, all are fine and not corrupted files, and I've tried them in DXT1 with alpha and DXT3 with no change.Tim

Try to put the bmp's in the FS9 main texture-folder. In some cases this helps.Ciao, Peter

>As I have these 2 buildings with textures I could identify>with DXTbmp which these textures are:>For the left building the textures are seapd.bmp and>seapd_lm.bmp>for the right building the textures are DFW_North.bmp and>DFW_North_LM.bmp.>>I see that these textures are in your logfile, but check if>they are really in the texture-folder of your main 9Dragon>folder. If yes you may try to copy them in the FS9 main>texture-folder and see if it works.>>If it still does not work maybe you should try the issue with>DXT3. This can be done with the DXTbpm Program (get it here:>http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm)>>Peter>Peter,You are the man of the hour! These steps worked perfectly for me...thank you for identifying the files in question. Thank you!Kyle

>Peter,>>You are the man of the hour! These steps worked perfectly for>me...thank you for identifying the files in question. Thank>you!>>KyleWhat solved your problem? Copying the textures to the main FS9 texture folder? Or changing them to DXT3 with DXTBmp?Tim