Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

How are the new FSDS2 757's?

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new FSDS2 757's that are in the file library today? How do they compare to IFDG's GMAX 757's?

Guest Van

It's a nice plane, but due to the very high polygon count used to create the model, the frame rates suffer greatly. The ReadMe file included explained that the model was designed and tested on high end computers and meant for such, so unless you have the latest and greatest PC you will definately notice a huge hit on frame rates.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Guest EddieWilliams

The model is good not great in my openion. My biggest issue is that there are no flexing wings and the textures leave alot to be desired. The problem with the textures is that on the United they have it with RR engines. United has PW. Also they have the exits all wrong. United has two small exits over the wing. On this one they have a full sized door over the wing. That option doesn't even exits. The other is a medium sized door just behind the wing. Other then that is is good.

Guest DanWalloch

Now where to find a nice panel to accomodate it......

DanYou are joking about the panel, right?Two words mate: 1st=Richard 2nd=ProbstFree.Oh, that's three words.:-)Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi!I just downloaded the new plane and did a quick test flight. I think it's the first plane that uses dynamic shine on various parts of the plane and not only on the fuselage. This bird is really shining more bright than my christmas tree. The overall shape and level of detail is great in my eyes, but unfortunatelly as already said this causes a dramatic hit on the frames. On my mid level system with a P4 2,4GHz 728MB Ram and a Radeon 9500Pro the frames drop from a stable 25fps in cockpit view (PIC panel) with AI set to 45% at GAPs EDDM to 9fps in outside view!My conclusion, great plane especially for replays! ;) Hopefully we will see also a PW powered model in the future.TobyI forgot something to add, I lowered the Alpha Channel on all parts of the plane as I do not like those overshining planes and together with a more real look I got a small but noticable framerate improvement.

Guest Kristiaan

I have flown this plane and well, i am not too happy about it, it attacks your fps by a great hit.Its a nice model, but i could direct the people who want a less fps impact to the model of iFDG, it looks just as nice as this one, and it has some things more in its bag, and also it has a greater fps performance......its funny to see that this new 757 is getting attention of avsim and the model by ifdg not, don

Guest DanWalloch

Where might I find an Fs2002 757 panel by Richard Probst....?

Hi Toby, Just to square you away, your PC is not a mid level system. You have a high end system. I know that you see that 3.06ghz are out and that makes you feel inferior in some way, but the percentage of people that have 2.4ghz is very very small right now. I feel like my XP2000+ is quickly becoming a dinosaur, but I realized the other night that the only thing that doesnt run like a champ on my machine is FS2002. It does run quite well straight out of the box, but once you get add-ons on top of add-ons installed, the FPS are slowly eaten away. Your 2.4ghz wont be a true mid level pc for at least a year.Craig

Same here, I think I'll stick with IFDG's 752. It flies like a dream on my system, which is truly mid level at 1GHz / 640 MB SDRAM and a 64 MB G3 Nvidia card. But I can crank my 400+ AI aircraft and 28,000 flights to about 60% with 75% clouds and still get frame rates in the high teens, low twenties at all but the most dense add-on airports. I'm not really willing to even try anything that takes it below this level right now. Which is too bad, as I really like flying the 757. Maybe in a year or so when I upgrade to a new system.http://www.expedia.com/pubspec/images/airlines/smNW.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MN

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.