Sign in to follow this  
kerke

FS9 KMIA Runway 8L/8R & 26L/26R

I realize that FS9 came out before KMIA's runway changes. Is there a [good/free] runway update for FS9's default KMIA?Thank you,Kerke

Look for files by Jim Vile in the library which update that and several other airports with runway changes in FS2004 and also in FSX.

Actually there are several AFCADS for KMIA and assorted sceneries, although I have and am a big Fan of "Fly Tampa's Miami" I use Jim Viles version of the AFCAD because it uses multiple Runways for landing and Takeoffs. It seems to prevent the GoRounds and waiting for runway clearance to takeoff till they disappear. American Airlines by themselves can keep KMIA active 24/7.Bill :(

For an excellent freeware version kmiav2.zip by FRF Studio is about as up to date as it gets for KMIA. Maurice

>Actually there are several AFCADS for KMIA and assorted>sceneries, although I have and am a big Fan of "Fly Tampa's>Miami" I use Jim Viles version of the AFCAD because it uses>multiple Runways for landing and Takeoffs. It seems to prevent>the GoRounds and waiting for runway clearance to takeoff till>they disappear. American Airlines by themselves can keep KMIA>active 24/7.>>Bill :( Thank you for your replies, I will try the freebies first and see how it goes. BTW, on the go-around situation at busy airports, I downloaded and installed AISmooth last night and it works very very well with FS9 and WOAI, not a single go-around at 100% traffic at KMIA, 2 active runways both with planes orderly landing and departing. I think Microsoft should license the AISmooth software and incorporate it into Flight Simulator.Thanks again,Kerke

Kerke,AISmooth is a nice program, but it's not perfect. Some arrivals are held in a hold well past their assigned arrival times and sometimes beyond their departure times. I'd really like to see Michael Sanger provide an option for "first in, first out" prioritization.Bruce

>Kerke,>>AISmooth is a nice program, but it's not perfect. Some>arrivals are held in a hold well past their assigned arrival>times and sometimes beyond their departure times. I'd really>like to see Michael Sanger provide an option for "first in,>first out" prioritization.Me too Bruce but, until then, I prefer to use AISmooth than to have FS9/FSX ATC do the annoying go-arounds.Best regards from KMIAKerke