Sign in to follow this  
Guest Max

Joystick problem!

Guest Max

Hello all,I have run tito a bit of a pickle with my joysticks. First off, I( have the CH quadrant, yoke and pedals. I have recently moved requireing me to disconnect all these USB devices. Upon reconnecting them to my computer and booting up, I find their order numbers have changed thereby screwing up all my FSUIPC joystick assignments which go by joystick number. Please help! I do not want to redo all my FSUIPC configs for each aircraft!Thanks

Guest RonB49

Let me first say that I'm guessing here - - - but, are they plugged into the same USB ports as before. I'm not sure that switching the controllers from one port to another confuses the settings but I believe that it does. Do you remember which plug was in what socket? No? Then try the combinations one by one till you find it. There are only six combinations (I think).R-

Have you disabled the joystick in FS9 ?I find I get the best response from FSUIPC configurations if I "disable joystick" in the FS9 menu , and even delete the FS9 joystick axes assignments.This gives a very clean path from yoke etc to the controls.Doesnt actually answer your question but you should consider it.Peter

Peter Schluter

Guest Max

Well, I have tried re-organising the order of the devices as they are plugged in, and no joy. The numbers are all screwed up. Is there no way to access the registry or other setting so as to manually assign such number assignments?Thanks for the help everyone.Max