Sign in to follow this  
edemeijer

Some help wanted with FS9!

Hi folks,In short... I'm fed up with FS9! Last evening spend a whole night tweaking and tuning without any results...My PC:Intel Core Duo E6600 (@2.4Ghz)2 GB RAMNVidia Geforce 8800GTS 320MBWindows XP SP2 DutchFS9 with FS9.1 updateIssues:1. If AA is disbled in FS9, I cannot enable it via the config panel of Nvidia;2. If AA is enabled in FS9, I hit the ALT button, AA is disabled. 3. Same goes for the minireport of FSPassengers. If I open it AA is disabled;4. If AA is enabled in FS9, the A320 Kevin Mitchell panel does not fill the screen entirely; there is a gap of a pixel or two in length and width, very annoying;5. When using the PSPanels 737NG, the EHSI will freeze after a while causing the plane to circle;6. FS9 has 60 FPS fullscreen and 100 FPS in windowed mode???I have tried:- Reinstalling FS9- Reinstalling Forceware drivers- Playing with my FS9.cfg (I read several tweakings)- Playing with FS9 settingsIn short, I'm fed up and do not know where to begin to resolve the issues mentioned :( Thanks,Erik

I feel your pain man, I upgraded to a very fast machine and lately I have been having problems despite getting very high frames with everything maxed out. I think your problems are quite common with Nvidia cards, check the Hardware forums as I have read some fixes for AA Issues.Rob

Rob Prest

Your problems seem not to be with FS9 but with your addons.

Thanks for the first replies here. Of course, some of the issues are add-on related... But the main issue is the AA issue. But I still hope someone has a clue for the add-on issues though.

Please post your PC specs, your FS9.CFG file and have you tried downloading and using nhancer from www.nhancer.com?After you post I'll try and help you from there.Thanks.Paul.

Erik,I had an issue with AA. I used the latest drivers from NVidia, 169.25. I can't get AA to work with those drivers no matter what I do. Only the 16x anistropic filtering was working but objects were badly aliased. I tried the tweaked 169.25-based Omega drivers but had the exact same problem. I now have dropped back to 163.75 and use nHancer for 8x AA. No problems with AA now. I have no complaint about the picture quality whatsoever. Try those drivers and see what you get.I too suffer from mysterious performance issues with FS9. The sim controls my life. I think about it at work and get home and try things that occur to me. I read and try and read and try. All this to no avail. I have a Q6600 with 3GB RAM, 8600GTS 256 on a wide screen 24" monitor. While not the best video card it certainly is no slouch. I now only suffer from those annoying stutters. dolph

Any pictures to show us? Looks like you have a good machine to run it. Did you install the fs9 update file. Do a engine search for fs9 update. If not you can email me and I can send it to you.(give me your email addy here) Do you have any payware add-ons. I do not run fs9 in full screen. I have hp pavillion 17n. dual core processor and fs9 runs great around 24fps. Try running fs9 out of full screen and turn you frame rate to 24fps. Are you using windows xp or vista? I would re set my pc before fs9 install. reinstall fs9. Do not tweak anything. Run fs9 in minimize(half screen). Do not install any payware or freeware yet. See how it runs in default mode. Do not change settings in fs9. From there change settings to see what works. Install one payware at a time and restart fs9. If it work or not you know what payware is causing the problem. Send any pics if you can. Just hit print screen when in fs9. There is alink in avsim on how to save screen shots in fs9.Vincente

Also did you just install the video card? If so try going back to your old card. I am using a radeon 9250 card. Everything works well. Sorry for your troubles. Nothing like paying for something and it does not workJust a note guys. Stay away from the payware afs airbus 350!!!!! You been warned.Vincente

Regarding my earlier post about the drivers, I might add that I have both Vista 32 and XP Pro and I switch to the OS I want in BIOS by changing drives right quick. That being said, I have exactly the same issue in both OS's with the latest drivers from nVidia. Of course, I am speaking about 169.21 for XP and 169.25 for Vista 32 running on an 8600GTS 256MB. The problem, for me, is exactly the same and, for me, the fix is exactly the same. It suggests that the latest drivers aren't quite ready for MY system. I have not read or heard anybody else having issues with AA on the latest drivers. I don't get why it's just me. BTW, I get the same stutters on either OS as well. I have gone to great pains to alleviate the stutters, namely by purchasing a second HD and bringing it up on XP. I thought it was Vista all along. No, it' my Dell XPS 420 apparently.

How old is your pc. I have a HP 17n with dual core 2.3 machine. I have 4 gigs of ram. Add ons up the wazoo!! I have no stutters at all except at eddf and at a couple of my pay ware jaanese airports but I just turn down the a.i down to 50 percent. I think it might just be your card giving you a problem. Did the card come with the machine?

I bought this Dell at Christmas. Yes, I thought that but since I didn't get any improvement by overclocking it I don't think the bottleneck is there.

Guys,Thank you for all the replies. After some long nights I was finally able to perform a flight from LEGR to LPFR! Here's what I have found out:1. I finally got NHancer managing my AA settings and with a tutorial in the hardware forum I found out the correct settings2. The ALT and FSPassengers are resolved, since I do not use ingame AA anymore3. Also the minireport displays OK4. By adding the line PanelAsTexture=0 my panels look good and stretched now5. I still don't know; flying the A320 right now...6. I do'n't care anymore since FS is running smooth since a long time :)

>FS9 has 60 FPS fullscreen and 100 FPS in windowed mode???Considering that your eye cannot notice more than 24FPS simply lock the frames at 24. ;)

Please post your PC specs, your FS9.CFG file and have you tried downloading and using nhancer from www.nhancer.com?After you post I'll try and help you from there.Thanks.Paul.

>>Considering that your eye cannot notice more than 24FPS simply lock the frames at 24.Thats funny, because yesterday in Best Buy and I was looking at a 42" Samsung which displays at 100hz using the Samsung BD player.. They says it ups the frames to 60, and personally I could see a huge difference. :)