Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

FeelThere/Wilco again...

And again, for me a reason to buy another plane from Wilco: finally someone who produces the famous Embraers.Though we all know what to expect from Wilco terms like "ultra realistic" and "all functions modelled" (let alone service packs and forum support), there's simply no alternative in some areas to allow to skip FeelThere add-ons.I flew different planes during the last months, and with each one of them I have my own (personal) problems (LDS 767 is great btw; I guess the only plane I would say that fits me "perfectly" will be PMDG'S 737 v2). So, even if I know the Embraer will continue FeelThere's proven line-up of airliners quality-wise, I think it's better to have a semi-cooked E Jet than only a (freeware) hull with nothing serious inside.Sorry to break my "vote with your wallet" inclination here, but...(A somehow desperate)Andreas

Well Andreas where you spend youre money is youre and youres alone to decide. Iknow what i would do.Just be aware that if you require support and be able to openly talk about problems on there fourms etc dont expect anything from Feelthere at all. I constantly battle with them. I wouldnt bother but ive invested to much money on there products just to give up the ghost for what i have paid for.CheersMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Guest DanWalloch

>Well Andreas where you spend youre money is youre and youres>alone to decide. Iknow what i would do.>>Just be aware that if you require support and be able to>openly talk about problems on there fourms etc dont expect>anything from Feelthere at all. I constantly battle with them.>I wouldnt bother but ive invested to much money on there>products just to give up the ghost for what i have paid for.>>Cheers>>MikeDon't forget to understand that the only way to seperate the buyers from the pirates is to have all support routed through a protected channel i.e: the Wilco support form on their site. Why give help to those who didn't pay for it in the first place.

>>Well Andreas where you spend youre money is youre and>youres>>alone to decide. Iknow what i would do.>>>>Just be aware that if you require support and be able to>>openly talk about problems on there fourms etc dont expect>>anything from Feelthere at all. I constantly battle with>them.>>I wouldnt bother but ive invested to much money on there>>products just to give up the ghost for what i have paid for.>>>>Cheers>>>>Mike>>Don't forget to understand that the only way to seperate the>buyers from the pirates is to have all support routed through>a protected channel i.e: the Wilco support form on their site.>Why give help to those who didn't pay for it in the first>place.Ok lets get i thing straight I BOUGHT there products 3 of them 737/Airbus Vol1/AirbusVol2. You must hate talking and interacting with other people on a fourm, working out problems/Tech difficulties etc. All other fourms do it why cant they?Feelthere and Wilco HAVE LOUSY customer support, If you are happy with there products goodluck to you ENJOY! But im not and alot of other peeps aient either. And if YOU really enjoy filing out those forms EVERTIME there is a bug you have found, well goodluck to you again.CheersMike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

>Don't forget to understand that the only way to seperate the>buyers from the pirates is to have all support routed through>a protected channel i.e: the Wilco support form on their site.>Why give help to those who didn't pay for it in the first>place.Have a lic members forum like Flight one does? It's a pretty simple solution really. LVD has one as does the Super80 (was just on the S80 one today).Not a big deal to do that is it?

Guest fabrytnix

>>Don't forget to understand that the only way to seperate the>buyers from the pirates is to have all support routed through>a protected channel i.e: the Wilco support form on their site.>Why give help to those who didn't pay for it in the first>place.Unbelievable !Someone still try do defend a software house that should deserve a class action.

>Unbelievable !>Someone still try do defend a software house that should>deserve a class action.Believe or not, he is right. Nothing to do with someone thinkin about class action.

>Well Andreas where you spend youre money is youre and youres>alone to decide. Iknow what i would do.>>Just be aware that if you require support and be able to>openly talk about problems on there fourms etc dont expect>anything from Feelthere at all. I constantly battle with them.>I wouldnt bother but ive invested to much money on there>products just to give up the ghost for what i have paid for.>>Cheers>>MikeThis is an entirely fallacious argument. I use $999.00 audio recording software and they require registration proof before being allowed access to their help forum. Heck, several of the most popular and successful flightsim add-on comapanies do the same thing.Wilco/feelThere are like a bad marriage. Each disavows their responsibility and points to the other for support. Meanwhile, a steady parade of half-baked (but very appealing and the baked portions are good) software trots out waiting for suckers (I am one of them) to take a bite.Additionally, those that frequent a support forum (again, you can design this forum to only allow legit customers) are likely the best form of testing you can receive for a product. I am totally disenchanted with the feelThere/Wilco experience and I've been there before. I need to look in a mirror and say "caveat emptor."

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>Don't forget to understand that the only way to seperate the>buyers from the pirates is to have all support routed through>a protected channel i.e: the Wilco support form on their site.>Why give help to those who didn't pay for it in the first>place.Sorry Dan,But that's a heap of male cattle manure.... Others have said it already, but why not something like the Level-D setup? Anyway, a moot point for me personally - whatever they might produce in the future, I'm not buying.S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

>Wilco/feelThere are like a bad marriage. Each disavows their>responsibility and points to the other for support. That is so true. I'm still trying to understand what keeps FT from changing their publisher. I myself am waiting for an answer about my Airbus vol.2 problems which I described in Wilco's special support form.I am also a sucker who will anyway buy their Embraers, just like the first poster mentioned. Not because I love FT products so much (I have a few of them), but because, I must admit, they have an ability to fit the market very well by choosing aircraft with no competition around. If Level-D or PMDG made those Embraers, I would not hesitate to choose their product. Same for both Airbus volumes. I bought them and fly them because I feel like flying buses now. When Airliner XP, AirSimmer or PMDG release their long-time-ago announced buses and they prove to be better (I guess they will) I will buy one of them (the first one? hehe). I understand people's frustration about all that Wilco/FeelThere stuff. I myself am frustrated sometimes. But I don't really fancy waiting years for a promised product not even knowing I will be alive by that time - who knows that for sure? ;)And the idea with creating FeelThere protected forum (like Level-D's whose member I am too) is very good. Scoob, why don't you do that, guys? User unfriendly agreements with Wilco?Of course I hope this thread will not change into another anti-W/FT battle.Best regards,Rafal

Guest lalo lolo1

"I understand people's frustration about all that Wilco/FeelThere stuff. I myself am frustrated sometimes. But I don't really fancy waiting years for a promised product not even knowing I will be alive by that time - who knows that for sure?"Exactly, that is the point. Wilco / FT are not the very best payware soft in the market, their support sucks, but they give you the option to have ACs none else develops, pretty oftenly, and IMPO totally worth the expense. Oh yes, well PMDG develops better payware, but they are more expensive and it comes one every two or three years.Also, there is payware around that's a real joke. Just nice outside models with crappy VCs, or even no VCs, and systems not simulated at all. I don't want to mention names, but let's stop being critic about FT/Wilco when there are people that buys other products that should be free and upped at the Avsim library. RegardsLeo

Is it just their support that is a problem? I have the FS9 737-3/4/500 and am very happy with it, in fact, behind the AWX kingair and and the RAS SF-260 its my favourite a/c. However, I have not needed to rely on their support forums so can`t really comment on it. It would be very good to have a full list of fsuipc offsets for the 73-4, but I bought the product under no illusion that this would be made available so I have no complaints.I`ve found flight1`s forums to be quick, but the answer I got was no good - 'it works fine on our machines', when I had an issue with the GPS in the C421, apart from that I`ve not had to use the payware support channels much at all. CheersJames

In the year 2008, wilco still cannot figure out how to properly model in 3d, texture and create window reflections. To each his own....