Sign in to follow this  
Guest lgvpilot1

AI sound sets

Guest lgvpilot1

Can anyone recommend a good ai sound set for my ai aircraft ?Im not worried if i have to edit each individual ai aircraft to get the best overall effect!There seems to be quite a few available so if I have to spend a few hours editing i would like to just do it once (or at least until the next time my PC decides to commit virtual suicide)Thanks in advance for any recommendationsMark

As you may be aware, AI aircraft do not make use of any aliased sound configuration - the AI engine uses a set which is found in your main sound folder - begining with the letters ai and xai.As you say, there are a number of replacement sets of these sound files available online. The choice of which to use is a matter of personal taste.Tips and Tricks for FS2004, Issue 11, has a discussion of this if you are interested. The file is tips_ands_tricks_11.zip here at Avsim.Personally I have used aisound_1.0.zip from Avsim in conjunction with aisnz.zip from Flightsim.com. One of those includes a "quick and dirty" method of experimenting with the sound change which does not require major editing of files. I would try that first to see if the change meets your expectations.To me, the basic problem is that the default wav files in question have been recorded at too low a volume level. This can be easily changed with any good sound editor.Hope this helps.

Guest lgvpilot1

David Thank you for your reply .I think i will take a look at the wav. volume before i start editing my ai files .I have seen a couple of those quick change ai files you discribe , one in particular changed every aircraft to sound like a 737 X00 (cant remember the model) Also I noticed a few files for individual aircraft ,ie 747,A340 and so on .These are the ones i was curious about , I would imagine you would have to edit the particular aircraft to work with the new downloaded sound file I will definatley pop over to flightsim and have a good look at the recommendation you have madeAs a side note the tips and tricks you suggest , are to me compulsive reading .I have most if not all of them on my hard drive already, so may i take this opportunity to thank you for the countless times you have already helped me Mark