Sign in to follow this  
misgav

your worst addons?

Guest G. Stone

The SSW A310 by farI read all the reviews and complaints from owners of the product but I was headstrong and purchased it anyway just so I could have an Airbus of this type... What a FOOL I wasI really hope a quality development team payware or not decides to model this plane with all of it's systemsThat SSW product to this day is broken... they continued to accept customers money and provided a bad product in return

Yep, Abacus never fails to disappoint, even with lowered expectations and deep discounts going in. Even a relatively well-reviewed product like Flight Deck 4 included enough stutters and graphical anomalies that I haven't installed it on my new Dell PC, and probably won't.John G.

John G.

The PSS airbuses are good value. Too bad PSS had to close shop. I think Just Flight still carries some of their products as boxed.Eytan

Of the 3 add-ons I have, the only thing I can say about 2 of them are that the documentation sucks.The ATR72-500 from Flight 1 and the Wilco 737 took me well over an hour to weed through enough documentation to get it right. Even then it only takes you so far without giving expansion later on things like the FMC/CDU.With that said, the BEST walk through I've found relates to another Wilco product: The Legacy. Simple screen shots of the panel with numbered sequences made flying the Legacy stupid easy from a cold and dark cockpit.

Ultimate Night Environment and Flight Deck 4 (Abacus). The first one didn't back up the original FS texture files, so they were overwritten and lost, also the lights seemed too bright at night. The second one had a serious case of the blurries that couldn't be resolved, no matter what you did. Even the VC cockpit textures blurred within the aircraft! Iiiiiiiick!Kim

While on the whole, I agree about the low quality of Abacus's software, one of their products has served me well- USA Extreme Landscapes. At least they got this one right. It's terrain mesh for the 50 states in fs9, and it does thes job admirably.EYTAN

Guest captandy

Feelthere/Wilco B737 for me and I would say the F1 Md-80 not even close to the Maddog2006 from Leonardo eventhough it was promised a VC.Andy

There's another aspect of wasted addons- the ones that are good and sit in your fs directory, but are hardly used. This applies to planes and scenery.When I look at my aircraft hangar, it's a real traffic jam.Dozens of payware aircraft. PSS Airbuses, Boeing 777, 757 and Dash-8, PMDG 737, LevelD 767, Flight1 ATR 72, Piper Meridian, Feelthere ERJ 145, etc.I have the FSD Piper Navajo, Eaglesoft's Citation X,and Beechjet400A which I hardly ever use. They're fine planes, but I don't have enough time to enjoy them.Same for scenery; I fly for a European va out of Gatwick. So the VFR Photographic Scenery for England comes in handy there. I also have Megascenery for several areas of the USA which I rarely visit. So the latter is not a total waste, but if it ain't used, it might as well be deleted.Eytan

I have to be honest here as I've been holding back writing this, but:Key to MouseActive CameraWideViewI wish I could get my money back on all of them. The first two can be replaced by freeware and Key to Mouse I have never used -- any functionality was replaced when I go FSPanel Studio.I could never get Active Camera to do everything promised.WideView -- nice program but the FS9 version didn't interact with AI or weather properly, even with a registered copy of FSUIPC, and it just whetted my appetite for a 3 screen set up, which I eventually ended up doing. I'm getting tired of buying software and not being able to return inferior or unusable software for refunds. And what's up with this 10 minutes of free time to review the software? How are you supposed to know within that small amount of time?Software developers do have us by the proverbial short hairs, don't they?