Sign in to follow this  
sluggy

Iron Knuckles - JCA DC9 10-50 merge problems

Hi everybodyI had to reinstall XP Pro SP2 (yay....), and are trying to use the merge for these two old girls. I've installed both OK, but there's a problem with XP Pro apparently in that although folders aren't really 'read only', they are marked as such. Even bought a file attribute changing program that couldn't help, and I can't seem to get the command line attrib command to work.Unfortunately the merge program requires the folders to be not read only. I can change the file attribures OK, but not the folders themselves, and so I can't get this merge happening. Which has got me confused because I did have it before. Has anyone tried this merge on XP SP2, and if so how did you do it?Cheers, SLuggyOh, forgot to add that I am logged on as a full administrator.

I'm not sure what sort of problem the installer is having, but you don't really need it to get this done. In your (whichever) JCA DC9 folders simply set the sound alias in the sound.cfg to point at the F1 DC9 sound folder; copy the F1 DC9 bitmaps and panel.cfg from the F1 DC9 panel folder to the the JCA panel folder and you should be good to go for the panel. If you like, you can copy the checklist and ref files from the F1 DC9 to the JCA plane's folder and set kb_checklists=F1_DC9-30_check and kb_reference=F1_DC9-30_ref in the aircraft config file for the JCA plane.DJ

By jove, I think you've got it! I thought there was some mysterious tweaking of airfiles and such, but there seems to be no problems that I could see. Thanks very much!Cheers, SLuggy