Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

Moving FS2004 For More Hard Drive Space

Guest machammer

I'm considering moving FS2004 off of my C drive to free up disk space. My question is if I copy it to another drive and delete the files on C can I copy FS2004 back to the C drive at a later date and will it run. I'm just deleteing the files not uninstalling it.Or is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do. I would really like to permiently move to another larger drive but I don't want to go through reinstall of all the add ons I have installed over the years.I will be using Ghost to move FS2004.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Guest CaffeineBomb

Hi BillWhen I needed more space for FS2004 data I used the NTFS Link software.http://www.elsdoerfer.info/=ntfslinkBasically, this allows you to set up links on your harddrive which re-direct directories to other locations.For example, I copied my sceneryworldscenery directory to a second harddrive, then used NTFS Link to 'point' to the new directory from my c: drive. When you run FS9, it 'sees' the linked directory and uses that. This means that you don't have to go through the whole hassle of re-installing FS9.Hope that helps.CaffeineBomb

Guest ThrottleUp

--------------------------------------------------------------When I needed more space for FS2004 data I used the NTFS Link software.--------------------------------------------------------------That is a very interesting program, thanks very much for posting it. Its real lucky that I came across your reply because my new HD is being delivered today and I was gonna re-install FS9 onto it but the NTFS Link offers another way. Will defo check it out :)