Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

Couple of Questions (Aircraft Doors + FS9 ATC)

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi folks Just got a couple of questions:1) I have recently updated the aircraft.cfg of one of the aircraft I fly (an IFDG aircraft) and I used to be able to open all the doors and I had assigned keys so I could also open the cargo doors. I think that since I updated my cfg I something has changed and now I can only open the main passenger door. Does anybopdy know where (if anywhere) I can find a setting to change so that I can get the doors to become operational again?2) Does anybody know of a way to change your flight number with FS9 ATC without having to reload the aircraft. When I arrive at my destination I like to fly the return leg or onto another destination. I just wondered if I could easily change the ATC flight number without having to reload my aircraft through the menu as it changes some of the settings and controls?ThanksNick

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks again Tom. I have tried to increase the number of exits in the exit section and it does nat make any difference. I am refering to an IFDG model. I have downloaded another model to see what that exit section has that mine doesnt but it looks the same to me:My aircraft.cfg exit section:[exits]number_of_exits = 2exit_rate.0 = 0.4 exit_rate.1 = 0.4[TailHook]tailhook_length=1 ;(feet)tailhook_position=0, 0, 0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datumcable_force_adjust=1Other IFDG Model I just downloaded to compare:[exits]number_of_exits = 2exit_rate.0 = 0.4 ;Percent per secondexit_rate.1 = 0.4 ;Percent per second[TailHook]tailhook_length=1 ;(feet)tailhook_position=0, 0, 0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datumcable_force_adjust=1I am using the tailhook key for cargo doors which seem to be fine.Any IdeasThanks again

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi Tom,Thats the very key combination I am trying! :DI have the main passenger door operating fine however I did have the other main passenger doors (front right, rear left and rear right) working but now they dont seem to respond. I assigned the cargo doors to the tail hook key prompt (ctrl-shft-t) and this also works fine. When I press shift-e and then 2 now all i get is the main passenger door again. As I said I did update the aircraft.cfg a few weeks ago for the flight dynamics but I still have the door section in there and I have even downloaded another IFDG model and looked at seen the identical section (as above). Any Ideas Thanks

Hi,If you reassigned cargo doors to Ctrl-Shift-T then you have inactivated Shift-E 2, since that is the same command! So Shift-E 2 just becomes Shift-E, which is the passenger door.Try Shift-E and then 3 (or 4). If that doesn't work, I assume those doors never really opened, or they used some other key command (like the tailhook, which you have now inactivated by assigning it's key sequence to the cargo doors).Assign Shift-E 2 back to the Cargo Doors, and Ctrl-Shift-t back to the tailhook. Then try both of those commands.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest flightsimmernick

HI Tom, This is an extract from the readme file: INSTALLATION:- Extract the folder contained in the zip archive into your FS Aircraft folder. The aircraft will be located under the manufacturer "iFDG Airbus".- Copy all files in the EFFECTS folder into your Flight Simulator EFFECTS folder.DOOR OPERATION:Shift+E+1 - Opens L1 doorShift+E+2 - Opens other cabin doorsTailhook - Opens cargo doorsIn the newly downloaded aircraft I have all 3 door operations working as above, but I cant seem to get Shift+E+2 working my BA aircraft (which is the aircraft I have with the PSS/IFDG merger). Im confused why it will work in the aircraft I have just downloaded but has stopped working on the aircraft I use? As posted earlier in the thread I have checked the exit section which appear to be identical??HELP! :-(

Not to be discouraging, but I've NEVER been able to get Shift+E+"pick a number" to ever work. Gave up a few years ago. I don't know if it has something to do with my keyboard, or what, but like you I always ended up with the doors just opening as in a standard Shift+E Mike

Guest flightsimmernick

I could maybe understand if you ahve never managed to get the door function working correctly however the fact that I have had the aircraft working and now it seems to have stopped seems strange to me. I would have though that it would have sopmething todo with the aircraft.cfg buty as you can see in a post higher in this thread I have compared the exits section of my aircraft a newly downloaded aircraft which works fine and I cant see the difference?Maybe there is another section of the cfg that I need to look at?

>Not to be discouraging, but I've NEVER been able to get>Shift+E+"pick a number" to ever work. Gave up a few years>ago. I don't know if it has something to do with my keyboard,>or what, but like you I always ended up with the doors just>opening as in a standard Shift+EThere are two solutions for this:1) Custom gauges that you integrate into your panel which "do" the key presses you want - some available here on avsim in fact2) (this is how I do it) Assign the key press sequence to an unused button on your controller (joystick/yoke/etc) using FSUIPCGeoff

Hi,As stated above, it's the new panel that's causing this problem. Many panels send out signals to FS at rapid intervals, and this causes multi key commands to fail. Since Shift-E + 1 and Shift-E +2 is now equivalent to Shift-E (the L1 door command), that's all you get. Change the Shift-E + 2 keystroke sequence to some other keystroke (NOT using two key presses) and it should be fixed, or you can use one of the solutions above.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Try this great little gauge -rcbse-10.zipIt basically increases the time FS will wait for multiple key presses such as often required when opening several doors.A simple but brilliant solution.