Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Saitek TC and FSUIPC Question

I had the Yoke/TC combo for a while and I had it configured wonderfully. The first and second throttle axis controlled the engines and the third controlled the spoilers. The reverse buttons worked well and I was very happy with everythingMy wife bought me an additional TC for my birthday and I have not been able to get it configured properly. Is there a guide that specifically defines how to set up FSUIPC for a Saitek TC somewhere? Everything I have found describes how to set up the CH TC with the reverse thrust which is entirely different from the Saitek. My main problem is that I have to advance the throttles to 50% before I see an increase in engine output. In addition, I had a lot of problems getting rid of the CH reverse thrust settings - I want the bottom of the throttles to = 0% N1 and not reverse thrust.I also think that my problems are stemming from my previous settings. What can I delete in my FSUIPC.ini to get my joystick/button settings clean?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

A bit more detail:All of my throttle controls are going in to reverse at the point where they should be at 50%. I can not get rid of the reverse thrust on the throttle levers. As Saitek TC users know, there is not reverse on the throttle levers. The reverse is controlled by putting the lever in the red zone which activates a button.How do I get rid of the reverse thrust on the levers?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I've found it best not to use the usual FSUPIC throttle reverse setup. Instead, use the Saitek drivers only, assign the throttle levers in FS and calibrate for full range, then fine tune the calibration in FSUPIC to ensure there is not a null zone at idle.Then assign the buttons to the F2 key.Jim Harnes

Thanks. I figured out what the problem was. I needed to check direct to FSUIPC and not normal FS axis. This seems to be why there was a center in the axis.I still have one more problem though.I have two TCs - The one that came with the yoke and a add on one. I can not seem to get the engines on the first TC to match the engines on the second TC. The thrust advances quicker on the add on tc.

Don't have a second throttle quad, so can't really help. Does sound like it could be a sensitivty issue or perhaps a difference in calibration.Jim Harnes