Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

More FS9 or FSX sold after 1.5 years?

Who knows, could Microsoft be able to do a statistics on how many FSX boxes have been sold after one and half years and compare that to how many FS9 boxes were sold after 1.5 years it came out? I'd be very curious to know what the numbers are...

James Goggi

>I'd be very curious to know what the numbers>are... Why?Since FS9 was released the 'game industry' have shifted significantly over to console games and pc games have fallen.Thus, even if you could find the numbers, they probably would not mean much 'head to head'.

Guest H_Kev55

I believe he wanted to know the numbers between FS9 and FSX. Not FS and console games.IMHO, everyother FS has been better. FS98=good, FS2000=not so good.FS9=good, FSX=not so good. I'm waiting for the next one.AvatarSaabAnimation.gif

What I am saying is that pc games overall have fallen fairly significantly since the console gaming craze has taken hold following the FS9 release (2003/4), and are still falling yearly. Thus, when FS9 was released there was a better chance of someone buying it then a pc game today (FSX).About a year or so ago, FSX was in the top 5-10 of all pc games sold on a monthly basis. I'm sure it has slowed a bunch since then.

>IMHO, everyother FS has been better. FS98=good, FS2000=not so>good.>FS9=good, FSX=not so good. >>I'm waiting for the next one.And as a 20 year or so flight sim veteran; I think---FS98 not so good, and preferred ProPilot.FS2000, a huge improvement over FS98, but FS2002 fixed some things.FS9 is a great simBut I like FSX even more.L.Adamson

A more revealing stat would be the number of people who actually USE FSX as compared to the number of units which were sold.I would be willing to bet the figures for USE of FS2004 compared to the number of units of FS2004 sold are considerably greater than those for FSX.

Microsoft knows exactly what their sales were and are, and has no intention of publishing those numbers to satisfy our curiosity.DJ

Agreed, and if they make another one we know that it is viable. If they do not we know they are not making money.

Yep. I could be wrong, but, I bet there is a good probability that FS could become a console platform within the next 5-10 years, or be dropped my MS completely.I don't have a 'gaming console', and it is highly improbable that I will ever have one, so if that would happen to FS, the last pc version will be the last I will use.

Guest christian

Numbers like that are useless. Why?Vista sold more copies after launch than XP did. So is Vista more successful than XP? Well, as a matter of fact, there has been a general surge in OS being sold, and during 2007 more copies of XP than Vista have been sold. This simply means that even more copies of XP were sold in 2007 then when XP was launched.So even if FSX sold more copies it could be that FS demand is higher in general (or vice versa).Christian