Sign in to follow this  
Old Bill

Guess I missed it,

I see some interesting sceneries being posted in the Library for FSX. Are they backward compatible for FS9? A .bgl file is a .bgl file. Isn't it? I guess I could try to install one but I wouldn't want to screw up my FS9 which is working beautifuly at this time. Ya know, "If it ain't broke, Don't fix it." Chicken Bill :-hmmm :~P

48 Hours, and no reply. I don't know Gentlemen, is this a tough question? Or such an easy one, that nobody will respond? Some of youse Guys is real Smart. Give a Dude a little help.Bill

Hi,The reason no one is answering is - it depends. If they created it using older tools, it might work OK (they almost never work perfectly though). If created using the new FSX scenery programs it won't work at all.It won't hurt your FS9 if you just add the BGL and BMP files into a separate folder/scenery + texture subfolders arrangement, and add it to your Scenery Library as a new layer. Then if you don't like it, delete the scenery layer, quit FS, and delete the main folder.If it wants to make changes to your default files or includes DDS texture files, do NOT install it!Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Well! I gave it a shot, using Art Poole's Daytona Speedway scenery for FSX, And you were right Tom. Nothing bad happened. Of course no scenery showed either.Bill