Sign in to follow this  
Guest 757captain

RWY 12

Guest 757captain

does anyone know were can i get all the runway 12 libraries???

Guest wji

Avsim.com rwy12_program_v1.2.zipIncludes three (3) Rwy12 Libraries:* Rwy12 Object Placer V1.2 - Library Collection #2 (Download #71797)* Rwy12 Object Placer V1.2 - Library Collection #1 (Download #71795)* Rwy12 Object Placer V1.2 - Library Collection #3 (Download #71798)search for rwy12

There are three files at Avsim which contain the libraries - you do NOT need the program itself.The files are:rwy12_lib1_v1.2.ziprwy12_lib2_v1.2.ziprwy12_lib3_v1.2.zipHope this helps.

• Upvote 1

But are these really all the files? Or have there been additions that would be missing and found elsewhere?

Do a library search using: "EZ scenery textures" (quotes not required) and search the Scenery portion of the library. I saw 56 different files listed.Also search the following authors here at Avsim and at Flightsim: Sidney Schwartz. Len Hickman. Lou Frost. Dennis Waggoner. Colin Green. John.B.Loney jnr. Steve Ziegler. This should keep you busy for a while.Jim D.P.S. Be careful about adding all these if not required by the scenery designer. Many designers use objects that are already available and if you have the same object in different sceneries, textures may not load. Had this happen to me. Some designers do not include objects but give you a list to download to make their sceneries work. Lawrie Roache is one of these designers. His New Zealand sceneries are fantastic. I just downloaded his Milford Sound scenery. It's here in the library. Beautiful it is.

Hi Jim,Great post."Many designers use objects that are already available and if you have the same object in different sceneries, textures may not load."I thought this was a result of designers including the scenery object library .bgl files without including the associated textures?Which is why I look through the ""scenery" folder of new sceneries I am installing for .bgl files that look like object libraries and remove them if I have the library active elsewhere.One of the more common bagels (.bgl files) that I have found is trees_o.bgl from Gerrish Gray's trees. I found this in one downloaded scenery, without the associated textures, which was causing CTD until I removed it."Some designers do not include objects but give you a list to download to make their sceneries work."-I much prefer this method to designers that bloat their uploads with a bunch of object library bagels and their associated textures. IMO that is just wasted bandwidth, repeatedly downloading object libraries I already have (on dial-up is wasted time too) that I will end up deleting when I install the scenery anyway.thanks for reading

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

>does anyone know were can i get all the runway 12>libraries???Have you checked what's available at Rwy12 "home?" Although since Seev's death back on Apr 09, 2007 it doesn't seem to have been updated... http://www.rwy12.com/rwy12/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

All this is really very helpful. I have the 3 RWY 12 files downloaded-- #1 is installed as directed-in the Add On Scenery folder.But- I am not 100% sure where the other 2 sets of scenery and texture files go,The Installation instructions for downloads #2 & #3 say to-"copy only the Scenery files and Texture files (not the folders) into the """NEWLY CREATED""" Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryScenery (and into FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9Addon SceneryTexture)."What does "NEWLY CREATED" mean? The Addon Scenery folder has been there all along.Does it really mean to copy the indicated files into -- "------FS 9Addon SceneryScenery" ( or texure)or should it be into "---- Flight Simulator 9Addon SceneryStatic Objects LibraryScenery(orTexture)" ?

The instructions are not always clear, that's for sure. Here's what what you do: The first download will create the main folder. Inside this 'newly created' folder you'll find a scenery and a texture folder. When you unzip the next two folders to ANOTHER location on your hard drive, you'll have a folder with sub-folders inside, again a scenery folder and a texture folder. Now open the scenery folder and copy the bgl files and place them into the original scenery folder for the objects library. Then do the same for the texture folders placing the bmp files into the original texture folder.Remember that after adding these to FS9 you will need to activate the ONE MAIN OBJECTS LIBRARY folder. The instructions are included in the readmes.By the way, it is not necessary to put these in the default addon scenery file. I created my own addon folder in the main fs9 directory calling it 'My addon scenery'(no quote marks) and I place all my addons here. The only files I place in the default addon folder are AFCADS.Hope this is clear enough. If not let me know. I'm in a hurry now so I can't be more specific. I'll add more later if needed.Jim

..Flight Simulator 9Addon SceneryStatic Objects LibraryScenery(orTexture)The last one you cited, as above.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Forgot this other point:This instruction as mentioned in my previous post only needs to be done once. When adding more scenery objects, it is not necessary to add it again to the FS9 library. Just put the bgl's and the bmp's into the respective folders of the already existing library folder.Jim