Sign in to follow this  
Guest Outer Marker

Overland FDE fixes anybody?

Guest Outer Marker

After a long hiatus from FS developing, I'm getting back to work. Many of you may know me from my work on the YF-23 which I co-developed with Daniel Buechter.My work can be had here: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+ViewAnyway, I recently bought the Overland add-on, and have noticed some things that could be improved. Specifically in the FDE section, but some of the problems also arise because of panel/gauge files displaying incorrect data etc.I have finished a rework of the A319, A320, A321 jets so far. Would anybody be interested in an update package to be uploaded to AVSIM?Cheers,Bryan, aka "Outer Marker"

Guest JTEK99

Bryan:Oh, god, yes. I do enjoy the Overland package very much for some 'lite' flying, but admittedly, the FDE's obviously need help. I really have no idea how to work those variables, so your superb work would be most welcome.Count me in for a 'yes' vote.

Please count me in too. The A380 is in sore need of an update. The aircraft.cfg has issues too. I'm not sure if you will update that too.Eric

Guest Outer Marker

Sure thing. I'll get to the A380 in time. I'm going through the Airbus first.I'll package things together this evening with a good readme and some documentation.-- Bryan

Thanks, Outer Marker. I don't fly the Airbus series, but the Boeing package they have, and I love them, if only because I got tired of 200+ page manuals, set ups, preps, planning, setting switches, fuel planning, FMC programming etc., etc., etc. The Overland Boeings give me the opportunity to get into the air quickly and easily and fly, which is why I originally took up this hobby to begin with.All that having been said, I'd be interested in any FDE improvements to the Boeings that you would upload to AVSIM. ESPECIALLY if you can eliminate once and for all that annoying "tail scrape" penalty with the Overlands that the people at FSPassengers deny even exists! :-)

Guest Outer Marker

Precisely! The fixes are great for those of us amongst us that just want to get up in the air and fly. In fact, once I get through all the Overland collection, one might want to place the default FS2004 Boeings in the old "hangar" so to speak.-- Bryan

Bryan,Please count me in on any updates to the Overland airbus' Enjoy all of them. In fact I have been considering purchasing the Boeing set if I continue to stay with FS9 more than FSX.Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest Outer Marker

Right then. A319 fix was uploaded this evening. Should be up on AVSIM soon. Here's the development schedule:A320: On finalA321: Follow the A320 on finalA340-300: Descend and maintain 10,000A330-200: Ladies and gentlemen, we have now started our descent...Enjoy,-- Bryan

Bryan,just downloaded and installed your A319 package. Thanks so much. Great improvement. Waiting anxiously for the remaining airbus'. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________